Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Cheddar Potato Pie with Beef or Chicken

Guess what?

I managed to get the oven to ignite long enough to cook something!

After chatting with Mindy about alternatives to salmon last week, I decided to try both a ground beef and a chicken version of my cheddar potato pie.

I'll let the pictures tell the story.



I had bought hamburger for Fenway, so I decided to use some of it for my pie.  Cute boy was good about sharing.



 The meat pie started with a pre-baked shell and a good coating of cheese.
 Next, the ground beef (pre-cooked as well).

Layer on the pre-boiled potatoes and some cheese and bake.


I added a sprinkle of freeze-dried garlic on top of the potatoes.




The chicken version:
 Same drill but with a chicken layer rather than beef.




Overall, I far preferred the hamburger version. It was sort of like a cheeseburger with potatoes on top!But I can't eat all that much hamburger, so the chicken is a worthy alternative!

And I may finally have eaten my fill of cheesy potatoes!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh --- yum -- I think I can fudge this recipe with a vegetarian option for the beef or chicken. Putting my thinking cap on. Something about this cold weather that just screams hearty comfort food! So good of Fenway to share his hamburger! Such a gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Cate, it's like a cheeseburger with fries on top. Looks delicious. Nice and comforting. might have to give this a whirl.

    ReplyDelete