Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Kitchens, Conference and No Cooking

Mindy here, getting ready to make my way back to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for ACFW’s annual conference, so today's post will be short and sweet.
You know, normally, I can’t wait for ACFW. I anticipate it all year, plan my wardrobe weeks in advance and have everything carefully planned out. This year, though, there’s so much going on with the big house and other stuff that I’m almost finding it hard to break away. I mean, we’ve been in a painting frenzy for the past two weeks and still have plenty more to go.
 
Now we’re in the process of ordering cabinets, something that has turned out to be much more daunting than I thought it would be.

Oh, and did I mention that I have to breakaway from conference for a day to drive to Texas A&M for our oldest son’s Aggie Ring Ceremony?

Okay, deep breath. In. Out.

Everything will work out just fine. I’ll get to enjoy lots of hugs from those folks I only see once a year and, with any luck, I might even manage to relax. Something my dogs never seem to have a problem with.


Not sure when Maddie took to napping on the hearth, but I guess all that gopher chasing wore her out.
Now it’s your turn. I want to know what you’ve been up to. Are you eagerly anticipating fall? Are you busy, busy, busy or taking things kind of slow?




Mindy Obenhaus lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, the last of her five children and two dogs. She's passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. When she’s not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Learn more at www.MindyObenhaus.com 

10 comments:

  1. Your life is a sea of change right now, and how lovely that old home will be when you're done! Life on the ranch, cowboy stories from a cowboy's wife! Perfect!!!!

    Our farm life is crazy right now, too... and I stay away from conferences because I don't like things messing up my writing time. Life has a way of doing that all on its own. We love fall here, this is what we work towards for months... and the customers have been wonderful! Life on a pumpkin farm is a whirlwind this time of year, a carnival of fun!

    Enjoy your time in Dallas area and the house is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, I saw pumpkins at the market the other day and thought of you. I bet things are just crazy wonderful right now.

      I'm getting a little more excited about conference now. Looking forward to seeing friends. Oh, and not having to scrub paint off of my hands. Though I might never get it out from under my fingernails. It'll be fun. And all the stuff here will still be waiting for me when I get back.

      Delete
  2. You'll love your new home when it's completed. A work in progress as I've seen a family member go through similar situation with renovations on their new home.
    Enjoy the ACFW conference.

    It's amazing where our four footed family members will fine a relaxing place to chill out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, after a day on the road, I'm now tucked into my blessedly quiet hotel room. Ah.... perhaps I will be able to decompress and return rejuvenated, ready to press through the rest of the renovation. I know we will love it when it's done. I get excited with each step, but it's nice when you can see progress.

      Delete
  3. Have fun at conference, Mindy! I know you'll enjoy that break, and the work will be waiting for you when you get back.

    And an Aggie Ring Ceremony??? Wow! Congratulations to your son! (and congrats to his proud parents, too!)

    Finally, I love Maddie's new resting spot. Thatcher loves out hearth, too. It's cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point on the hearth, Jan. Maddie may have a new favorite spot.

      The boy has been looking forward to getting his ring since day he became an Aggie, so I'm thrilled to be able to see him achieve that goal. It'll be a fun time.

      Delete
  4. Mindy, you may just find that you want to collapse and rest once you get there! :)

    I hope you have a wonderful time! And enjoy the ring ceremony as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, collapsing would not be good, Missy. Too much going on. I know I'll have fun. We always do.

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a great time at ACFW, Mindy. Wish I was going to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were, too, Mary Cate. Then I could hug your neck, too!

      Delete