Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Summer's Last Salad - Avocado and Salmon

I really thought I had posted this recipe before, but I couldn't find it. Please forgive me if it's a repeat. I've spent the past few weeks in and out of the hospital with my husband, so my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Earlier in the summer, I saw a recipe for a crab salad served in an avocado half. The recipe is on Better Nutrition's website if you're interested.

I didn't have any crab, but that gave me an idea. I had an avocado and I had a salmon fillet.

So simple and really tasty.

First I poached the salmon.







Then I smashed the avocado.



Then I mixed them together.




I placed the mixture on a bed of lettuce and added some orange sections for flavor and garnish!



3 comments:

  1. Mary Cate, this looks so good! I may have to give this a try.

    I'm so sorry about your husband's health issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon and avocado? Two of my favorite things, Mary Cate. I might need to try this.

    Prayers for hubby and you. Hope he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! This looks yummy, and so simple! I love the addition of the orange sections in the salad, too. This will go on my list of quick lunches. :)

    Keeping you and hubby in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete