Friday, April 24, 2015

Snickerdoodle Cookies in a Pinch

Missy, here. And I'm sorry to be posting late! I was watching Grey's Anatomy that I had on DVR and was BAWLING MY EYES OUT. And totally forgot to put up a post.

When I realized it was after midnight and was Friday, I went flying to my phone to look at photos I'd made recently of food. And came up with…

Snickerdoodle cookies. :) Made with a mix, of course.


I had to make these late one Saturday night when I remembered I needed to take food to church the next morning. Went digging in my pantry and found this.

All I needed to add was a stick of butter, an egg, and some water. (I'm sorry for the sideways photo! No time to go edit it.)


The mix is simple.  Set aside the cinnamon sugar packet. Just melt the butter. Mix all the ingredients.

Then take a small amount of dough and form into balls. Roll each one in the cinnamon sugar mix. Then place on the baking sheet.



Then bake according to directions. They turned out really good! I wanted a lot of cookies so I made them really small. Everyone enjoyed them!



If you haven't watched the newest Grey's episode yet, I won't give any spoilers. Just know YOU NEED KLEENEX!

www.missytippens.com

Oh! My newest book from Love Inspired, The Doctor's Second Chance, is on shelves this week!! I'm very excited!



11 comments:

  1. Twitter exploded last night!!!!!

    And there are a lot of good GF mixes that work in a pinch too.

    Hope today is a bit happier!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter said she'd already heard what happened, so I bet it was from Twitter! I'm glad I didn't see any spoilers. Of course I had a feeling something like that would happen. :(

      Delete
  2. LOL -- you're so twitterpated over Grey's Anatomy that you almost forgot to mention your new book release! It's thrown in here as an afterthought. Too funny. I suppose now is not the time for me to mention that I've never watched Grey's Anatomy? So I can't feel your pain.

    Love snickerdoodles. I'm happy to chow down on a few in commiseration over whatever happened on Grey's Anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's drown our sorrows in cinnamon, Kav. LOL

      Delete
  3. I'll be looking for that new book! I checked our Walmart last night, but it wasn't out yet. :(

    Snickerdoodle mix...hmm. That sounds like a fabulous item to keep in the pantry for emergencies!

    Like Kav, I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, either. Or that other doctor show with George Clooney that everyone except me watched back in the '90's. So I can't commiserate with you.

    And I don't have a DVR anymore, so I end up watching a lot less television, which is probably a good thing...until I want to talk to someone about the current pop culture of the US.

    Sigh. No wonder I write historicals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I haven't been to our Walmart yet. But Glynna told me it's in her Walmart in Arizona. :)

      Delete
  4. Your book is at the Walmart I visited yesterday............I GOT A COPY...YAY. Love the cover and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, thanks for getting it!! I'm glad to hear you found it near you. I need to head to the store and get some photos (always fun!). :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your new book, Missy!

    I'm glad to see by Kav and Jan's comments that I'm not the only one who hasn't watched Grey's Anatomy! I really don't watch a lot of television...at least, apparently not a lot that other writers like to watch. LOL.

    Your story echoes a current one of mine. I'm going to a women's breakfast meeting at the church early tomorrow and had forgotten until a half-hour ago that I'm supposed to take muffins. Eek!! Muffins don't take all that long to make up, but I have a favourite Quaker packaged mix for oatmeal muffins that I keep on hand for such occasions. It's tasty and perfect for adding ingredients to, so that's what I'll be making tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thanks for the packaged mix suggestion! I usually keep muffin mixes on hand to make but had somehow run out. My problem is that I usually remember on Sunday morning when I wake up! LOL That's why the mixes are so nice.

      Delete
    2. Would you believe I started to make them, and didn't have some of my favourite additives on hand??? Ack!!! I added cocoa and chocolate chips to one batch, but ended up with odds and ends added to the other -- the last bit of candied fruitcake fruit, some raisins, shredded coconut and a bit of almond extract -- but they seem to have turned out okay. Whew! I'll think of you and your Snickerdoodles as I'm passing the muffins around. ;)

      Delete