Friday, September 21, 2018

One-pan Roasting and a Celebration!

Missy Tippens

Before my post...

Because Ruthy didn't brag on herself yesterday, I'm going to take a moment to do so today. Her book from Love Inspired, Her Secret Daughter, is a finalist for the prestigious Christy AwardTM!! Ruthy, we're so proud of you and excited for you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!




And now back to our regularly scheduled programming (though it's not nearly as exciting!)...

Recently, I had a craving and bought a bag of frozen tater tots (and also a bag of shoestring French fries!). Then what did I do?

I started back on Weight Watchers.

That first week, I was trying to come up with something quick to make for lunch and decided to roast some vegetables. While I was looking in the freezer to get ice, I saw that bag of tater tots. It was calling my name!

So I got out my WW app to see how many points they would be. A serving was a reasonable amount! So I decided to add them to my roasted veggie pan and cook them with no added fat.



In addition to the tots, I added some fresh cauliflower and green beans. I used Mindy's recipe for roasted green beans--click here. (I took these beans to a friends house for dinner and everyone loved them!)

I calculated the points for one slice of bacon as well as a little olive oil and decided it was a good plan. I had a healthy, low-point lunch! I added in fish (no points) for protein.

Here the veggies are cooked, nice and caramelized, the bacon crispy.



The beans ended up being a huge serving, but I keep hearing it's best to make half your plate be filled with veggies. I managed that even without counting the tots (a starchy vegetable).



This was such a great lunch! A successful weight loss program is about making good choices, and balancing that with taste and enjoyment and satiety. I think I did well with this one.


www.missytippens.com

2 comments:

  1. We tried to eat healthy on the road this week. Renting an apartment with a kitchen helped, and I got my husband to snack on some vegetables for a while. We will see how tomorrow goes! One last long day of driving for the trip and we still have veggies. Good job on finding ways to eat healthy!

    ReplyDelete