Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Serving of Prayer

I love this blog...

I love being part of Seekerville... co-owner of the Yankee Belle Cafe with Missy, Tex, Jan and Ginny-Lou Who....



I love laughing and joking, writing and reading, talking about food, books, cute guys and adorable children. I have an insulated world of gentleness mostly.



So when horrible things happen for no reason... When those without conscience deliberately hurt or kill innocent victims....

My heart aches. And when my heart aches, the best place I know to go is to God, our father in heaven.



Humanity comes with a big price: Free will.

We choose to be good... or we choose to open our brains, our psyches, our selves to evil. Each step in either direction builds our platform of choice.

Free will comes with an awesome responsibility. In the end, the buck stops here with our personal choice.

Nearly thirty souls passed on yesterday... Thirty breaths of life gone, but never forgotten.

May God bless those families with strength... with renewed faith.... with peace and hope in time. May he stretch out a hand of safety to their delicate psyches now... And warm them with his love, shown by those surrounding the families.

My heart aches for them.

God's arms welcome them home.


7 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brf9BUC0xnw

    May Angels Lead You In

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Ruthy. I'm just gutted by the events that happened yesterday. It is preying on my mind and this has helped me find some perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heartbroken for the families, for the community. I pray for peace, for comfort, and that God will wrap them in His arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are feeling for them all here in australia too. So sad and yet some amazing stories of courage have come out of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen.
    I feel so bad for the families affected by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Ruthy.

    We know how precious life is, and events like the one yesterday just convince us all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, amen. I'm in Canada and yet it feels like it happened in my neighbourhood. The world is united in shock, our hearts aching for the families of those who lost loved ones... especially their children. It's just so hard to accept the loss of so many innocent children.

    ReplyDelete