Friday, September 28, 2018

Divine Brownies!

Missy Tippens

Last week, I hosted my book club at my house. It's a new book club, formed with ladies from several nearby neighborhoods. This was only our second meeting, so it's been fun to get to know everyone. None of us knew each other before we joined together!

We decided to meet monthly at 7 and serve only dessert. Which I love, because I love to make them!

This time, I decided to make these wonderful brownies. My friend Cheryl is famous in our church for her amazing, decadent brownies. If she knew I was sharing this recipe, she might have to kill me! ;) I won't give away all her secrets. I'll just share the basics.

Start with a fudgey brownie mix that has chocolate chips in it. Make it according to boxed directions. I used a Ghiardelli mix that had chocolate chips and a packet of fudge sauce in it.

Spread half the batter in a brownie pan. I used a 7x11, but Cheryl usually uses an 8x8 (and bakes for about 45 minutes).

Top with Hershey milk chocolate bars. My pan took about 5 bars. I did finish covering it. Just wanted to take a photo to show the mix underneath.


Then top with the rest of the batter. I had a hard time making it totally cover the bars in this pan. It almost wasn't enough batter.

I baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and they turned out perfectly in my pan except for some dried up corners. I've heard rumors that some people actually like the hard corners! I'm a center-of-the-pan gal myself. :) Sooo good!!


And the ladies loved them.

P.S. I know last week I mentioned being back on Weight Watchers. So you may be wondering about that. LOL Yes, I saved enough points to have one brownie!

www.missytippens.com

4 comments: