Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A Taste of Cate: Pizzazy Dinner

Our dear Cate is absent from the Cafe for a while. Since we miss her, we thought you might, too! So every couple weeks we'll give you a treat - a re-run recipe from Cate Nolan!

Here's a post she shared just over a year ago...





On Monday, Jan gave you cheese and sausage and biscuits and eggs.

Yesterday, Mindy gave you brisket.


*sigh*

I've got nothing.

Well, nothing meat, that is.

Kav, I'm thinking this dish has your name written all over it.


Confession - while my daughter was making this, I was sitting in the local Italian restaurant enjoying dinner with a long, long-time writing friend. We used to see each other every day, but now she moved away so when we meet up, it's for hours!!!!!!

I digress.

While we were chowing down on pizza, my daughter messaged me this photo of her dinner with the comment that it was nothing extraordinary, but she thought it had some colorful pizzazz.


Close your eyes, Ruthy. It's kale - lightly roasted. And I do mean lightly. She puts it in the oven for a couple of minutes just to give it a little crisping.

There is also avocado and tomato.

The dear girl must have realized I haven't done much cooking lately, so she remembered to take pictures for me as she assembled it.

These got roasted together -

Yellow pepper, purple daikon radish, broccoli.


She tossed in some black beans and corn.

And by the time I came home, there was nothing left but an empty bowl.

So, all you sausage and brisket lovers out there, let's hear from you. Would you give this a try?

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see this shared again! I've been craving radishes lately. I'll have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of fresh and roasted veggies. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and pretty. I've made variations of this -- Cate has inspired me to be more adventurous with my vegetarian cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's inspired all of us! I know I'm much more adventurous with my salads. :-)

      Delete
  4. Yum, I always enjoyed lots of veggies in a variety of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. Kale isn't crispy enough to begin with?

    ReplyDelete