Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Leftovers (Revisited)!

I think this will be a regular post for me to re-share every year. It's my favorite meal idea for Thanksgiving leftovers! Enjoy!

Missy Tippens


Last year [this was now 7 years ago!], I chaperoned a trip with my son's AP U.S. History class. We visited Boston and surrounding areas. At one stop in Concord, we let the kids go do lunch on their own. Several of the teachers and I hit a fantastic restaurant called Main Streets Market and Cafe. I had what I think may have been the best sandwich of my life. The Turkey Cranberry Wrap. I was in heaven. Recently, I decided to recreate this sandwich on my own. (I can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner.)

So, here we go! Pull out those leftovers and get to wrapping!




Get some of those low carb wraps I mentioned a few weeks ago. Spread on cranberry sauce. Your choice of type. My daughter chose jellied, "the kind that's shaped like a can."  :) Layer with baby spinach.


Add dressing. I heated mine.


Then layer on the turkey. Again, I heated mine.


Wrap up and serve with a side of sweet potato fries just for fun. :)

How easy is that?! And it's an amazing sandwich. I ate it leftover on three days last week! And didn't even get sick of it.

What's your favorite thing to make with Thanksgiving leftovers?

3 comments:

  1. I'm always eating leftovers because I'm the only one at my house! And with most vegetarian recipes I find the flavours deepen over time so leftovers are always yummier. I like the idea of adding dressing to a wrap though. I think I have to make some just so that I can do that!

    Probably my favourite leftover recipe would be taking mashed potatoes and frying them up until they are nice and crispy and then sprinkling grated cheese over the top and putting them in the oven until it gets all melted and gooey. Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing, testing. My comment has disappeared twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kav, I love potato cakes! I've never thought of adding cheese. Will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete