Monday, April 30, 2012

Sharing...from the Hubby

The Belle, here. My husband recently asked me if I ever saw the photo he snuck on my camera the night I was photographing the pineapple upside-down cake. Somehow, I never did!

Well, let me explain something about my husband before I share the photo. He's addicted to frozen yogurt. And not just any flavor. It has to be Cookies and Cream. And he eats it by the ton. I usually buy 4 or 5 half gallons a week! (Of course the kids help some.)

Often, if he has a meeting and can't get home for dinner beforehand, he'll just come in that night and eat a huge frozen yogurt "dinner" with some extras. :)


Here's his prep area (photo above). :) And here's what's on the menu for this night where he'd missed dinner:

Giant bowl of Cookies and Cream froyo (as we call it around here)--about a third of a carton!
Banana
Chocolate syrup
Plate full of different kinds of nuts
Chocolate chip cookie (this night he ate a dark chocoalte haystack from our friend Barb at church)
Small square of an extra-dark chocolate bar
Huge glass of milk

How's that for a feast?? :)

He'll sit and read the paper and enjoy that until it's all melty. I timed him recently. He ate on it for an hour! Now that's a way to savor a favorite dessert/meal.

What do you like to take your time eating, savoring?

5 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything I willingly take my time and savor - I slow down on really hot or cold stuff but that's not voluntary...hmm maybe I should try slowing down!

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Susanna. I'm an involuntary slow eater as well. :) I usually eat pretty quickly, especially if it's something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...trifle. The combination of smooth custard, soft cream and nubby rasberries...ah...you just have to let it melt in your mouth. How far away is Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LIKE to savor chocolate...but it never happens.

    Now, the one thing I do savor is Custard Pie. I haven't mastered the finer points of making a smooth, creamy custard (although it tastes pretty darn good), so whenever I'm at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN (http://www.essenhaus.com/), I make sure I give myself plenty of time to really enjoy a piece of custard pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kav, I love a good trifle!

    Jan, I don't know that I've ever had custard pie! I'll have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete