Saturday, April 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

This is a Simply Saturday masterpiece.

Like most masterpieces, this one was born of someone else's idea and chance. The chance was because Sam's Club had a two-pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips for $4.18....

They jumped into my cart when I wasn't looking, the scamps!

And then they had the audacity to have a recipe on the back. Well, we pondered that recipe, and then decided it didn't have enough chocolate.

I mean, really....  The whole purpose of the chip is to be immersed in chocolate, right?

So we (I use that term loosely, Beth does not cook... She does own a stove. It's ridiculously clean.) devised a recipe....  Easy-peasy. And it's a five star, no lie.... Not even a HINT of EXAGGERATION.

With no further adieu, I give you:

Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip Brownies:

Our Assistant Chef of the Day is Elijah.... Note the cracked eggs.  The kid is QUICK.

RECIPE
1 large (13 x 9") box Pillsbury Brownie Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
Chocolate syrup for drizzle
1/2 bag (more is never a bad thing) Reeses Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup Peanut butter

Mix together brownie mix, oil, water and eggs as stated on box. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9" pan.

Spread brownie batter in pan...

Drizzle with Hershey's syrup, making a ribbon-type pattern.




Now drop teaspoons full of peanut butter all over the top of the brownie mix.  Do the same with the peanut butter chips...





Now drizzle with syrup again:



Take time to lick the spoon....


Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-34 minutes....

And here's the finished product!!!



And the plated version:  (which did not last long!!!)


Preparation time was maybe 8 minutes, really....

Baking time around 31-32 minutes....

And eating time???

SUPER FAST!!!

12 comments:

  1. This is bizarre.... Because this fun post has resisted attempts to post it manually and it was scheduled in... and Blogger changed our internal organs. Maybe that's why posts weren't going up???

    Dunno, but even if this is now a SIMPLY SUNDAY post, this brownie creation is over-the-top worth it.

    I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blogger induced time warp also. The worst thing is that I went in to 'fix' it and everything looked like...well, nothing I'd ever seen before. I didn't even know how to turn the lights on much less which button to push in the immense super-secret control room under Inktropolis where we build our blogs...all that to say. YUM. Two of my favorite words are peanut and butter,

    I also like to make peanut butter bars and throw in chocolate chips. I also like to dip a knife full of peanut butter into chocolate chips (the poor man's ...lazy man's version of a candy bar, I guess)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing lazy about dipping the knife into the chocolate chips, darling. I call it GENIUS. ;) And yes, every time we think we've been side-dressed and window-dressed and updated by the techno powers-that-be, someone comes along and upgrades us.

      You should have seen the theatrics I went through to get it to post. A video... You'd have love it, Deb.

      Delete
  3. Like the earlier unbaked peanut butter chocolate cookies, this recipe sounds irresistible! There's no more decadent combination. And that assistant chef is pretty darn cute, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T HE ADORABLE????? He's helping me kill ants right now... They seem to be invading, thinking my counters and cupboards are the beaches of Normandy....

      8 ant traps.....

      And they're dancing on them.

      Delete
  4. Cute photos! the brownies sound so...good!
    thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable assistant btw. And of course these are calorie free. I don't know how you do it. I have to make my husband hide treats from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeena, I get it totally. It's the constant stream of people in and out the door. They're constantly hungry. And if they eat it, it's a win/win:

      They love me
      They think I'm nice
      And they remove gazillion calories from the house.

      Delete
  6. A. Mazing.

    I can't wait to try!! Can I borrow Elijah?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh -- I missed this one over the weekend because my internet is down at home. This sounds scrumptious. I usually don't bake with peanut butter any more -- too many people I know are allergic -- but I'm going to make an exception with this recipe and I bet they'll freeze well too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came searching when my daughter wanted to make P'butter brownies! She's making then now. thanks for the recipe, Ruthy!

    ReplyDelete