Friday, December 22, 2017

Cellia's Cran-Raspberry Gelatin Salad (Revisted)

Missy Tippens

It's that time of year again! I usually make this at Thanksgiving or Christmas and wanted to re-share it again today. I had planned to make it at Thanksgiving but couldn't find the recipe here at home. Of course, I totally forgot about looking at the Cafe for it. Well, duh. I just now found it. So here it is again!


I got sidetracked and didn't take photos, SO… You'll have to just picture the cooking as best you can. :)

Cellia's Cran-raspberry Gelatin Salad

Ingredients:
1 Large box (or 2 small boxes) raspberry gelatin
1-1/2 cups of water
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup (do NOT drain)
chopped pecans (however many you like)
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
small 8 oz. container sour cream
1/2 cup sugar


On stovetop, mix together the Jello and water until dissolved.
Add in the can of cranberry sauce and stir until melted.
Add in the can of pineapple with the juice.




Remove from the stove and add in chopped pecans. I'd guess I used about a cup, maybe two. Pour into a 9x13 glass casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate until jelled.



Before serving, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar. Spread over the chilled gelatin. Sprinkle with a few chopped pecans if desired. It's probably a good idea to refrigerate until the topping is chilled as well so it'll cut easier.

I'm afraid I never got a shot of the completed salad! Things got too crazy right before serving Thanksgiving dinner (this was last year when we had my family here at our house).

So imagine it with a nice, sweet, creamy topping, sprinkled with a few chopped pecans for garnish.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!


Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks marvelous for the weekend, Missy! I would love this to the moon and back....

    Merry Christmas and thank you for this fun reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful with a meal or even for dessert!

      Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking more dessert. I love cranberries and they are fresh right now in the grocery store! Woot! Merry Christmas, Missy!

    ReplyDelete