Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wednesday Sick Day

I feel like I should post a sign on the door that says STAFF SICK - stay away.

The cough that will never die put me in the ER with pneumonia, hence no post this morning.

I'll be back with my recipe as soon as I don my mask.


************************

So this was the post I was going to make. Very simple, but super nutritious and practically no work.

Step 1: Bake a sweet potato (Only work was washing it and sticking it in the over)

Step 2: Simmer sprouted green lentils for 5 minutes. (Work = measuring 3 cups of water and one cup of lentils)

Step 3: Mix and add a drizzle of maple syrup (or not, but it gave it a nice taste)

Step 4: Enjoy








And if you happen to have s scrumptious cranberry orange scone from the local muffin shop, well, the rest of it was healthy!




6 comments:

  1. So sorry you're sick!

    But this looks so delicious! And I have a couple sweet potatoes and some lentils!!! No scones, though. :(

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, the scone was the best part and I had nothing to do with that. :)

      But the lentils and sweet potatoes make a good lunch.

      Only a write would be happy to have pneumonia because she can stay in bed and write rather than going to the day job.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm a little partial to the scone right now. ;)

    Hope you're back to normal soon! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh...so sorry you are sick!!! Stay in bed and rest, rest, rest. Don't go bouncing off to work too soon. Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at...well, it is but...you know what I mean.

    Love the idea of mixing sweet potato and lentils...I'd never have thought of something like that! And a little bit of maple syrup? All the better. And gave me the idea of using it on acorn squash instead of brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete