Friday, May 16, 2014

Sharing Spring in Georgia--from Missy Tippens

Missy, here. No cooking again this week. I've been busy getting my son ready for a summer study abroad program. He'll be gone for 3 months! I can hardly stand to think of it. But what an opportunity!

Sooo…

I thought I'd share some of the beauty of spring from around Georgia.

First, a beautiful yard in our neighborhood in early spring…

Photo by Missy Tippens

Also, I LOVE wisteria. And it's so fleeting. Doesn't last long. Every year I think about photographing it but seem to miss out. So this year, as soon as I saw some around town, I whipped my vehicle off the road and snapped some shots. :) Yes, I DID safely part in a parking lot.

Here's one of my favorites…

Photo by Missy Tippens

We also spent spring break visiting colleges for my daughter. Here's a photo of one of the redbuds we saw. It's the most beautiful, richly colored redbuds I've ever seen. There are no filters on this photo…

Photo by Missy Tippens

And another shot of the same tree…

Photo by Missy Tippens

And last but not least, this gorgeous shot taken by my son, Nick. He shot this of a crabapple tree blossom in our backyard. He was playing with his new camera. Much better than all the shots I took on my iPhone.

Photo credit: Nick Tippens

Oh, I can't let a post where I'm focused on photos go by without a gratuitous dog pic. Even though I don't have a cute puppy like some of you, I do have an adorable senior dog and a precious grand-dog--both rescue animals.  :) And they're buddies.


Photo credit: Nick Tippens
I hope you're all having some spring weather by now! We're pretty much feeling like summer already. Blooms are mostly gone except for some late blooming azaleas, and the weather is in the high 80's. Everything is gorgeously green!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, beautiful pictures. Of course I love the dogs...and their royal nod to having their photo taken! Too cute! Does that mean you get to babysit your grand dog all summer?

    I've never heard of redbuds and wisteria won't grow up here as far as I know...too cold winters. We're way behind on our spring blossoms. Not even apple blossoms yet. But at least it's warmed up. Enough that I have a yearning for potato salad. Must mean summer's around the bend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, no. I only got to dog sit for a week. He's back home now. And I miss him!

      Delete
  2. cute doggies! I miss my lab and my other girl's a senior plus I think - she's 13 but hanging in there.

    I love wisteria- my mom had one planted at a lake lot they owned but my dad would whack it back every single time it was looking nice- said it would take down the house if it could...but it was at least 30 yards away from the house right near the lake. I think he just wanted to destroy it. He did the same with the hibiscus in my back patio - came home from work and he'd cut them low and of course they never grew back afterwards. we used to have redbuds in east Texas but don't see them in Houston much. dogwoods were my mom's favorite but somehow it was a joke that once we moved they'd finally bloom - that seemed to be the case. the house in Longivew had one that we drove by after moving and it was blooming...same wit the lake lot - that sucker never bloomed but once they sold it - it bloomed within 2 years!

    lots more mess at work - another person suddenly announced she would be having surgery -actually called us to say she was calling in sick then supervisor said she would be out for an extended time - like 3 - 4 mnths. people have vacation scheduled who are callout, along with her partner who's gone most of june/july for vacation..and now the one we ARE callout for who was gone earlier for surgery has been interviewing and stands a good chance of getting that job or another....I think I need to get a resume done and start looking because being left in this nightmare isn't looking good. sigh...if anyone knows a nice guy with a good job with benefits who wants to get married lemme know! I'll relocate even up in the snow so long as I can sit home and wait for hubby to get home LOL! I'm 47!

    just finished Ruthy's new book last night - ws kinda distracted with work but luckily the book won out LOL! nice story - really loved the hero - he may be close to a new favorite but hard to beat Matt. heroine good too- strong one and I loved reading about the sewing though I'd skip the opera stuff!

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...single guy, good job, mid-40's to mid-50's, handsome as anything, and as sweet as one of Ruthy's heroes.... We'll start looking, Susanna!

      Delete
    2. thanks Jan! I know you can do it! I can pass on handsome as anything - I'm not much to look at myself LOL! and I'll settle for him happy in his job but with good medical benefits! and I'm assuming Christian since ya'll are looking...
      Susanna

      Delete
    3. Lol, Susanna! Will keep my eyes and ears open. ;) In the meantime, I hope work settles down soon!

      Delete
  3. One thing about spring in the south - you're inundated with flowers! Beautiful pictures.

    We're having a northern spring day today - breezy with a 35 mph wind, clouds scudding across the sky, chance of rain and highs in the mid-50's. That's what makes the grass grow!

    I hoped to get my garden planted this weekend, but my daughter's friend wasn't able to go with her to see Wicked at the last minute, so we're taking a girl's road trip!

    Crazy? Yes. Fun? Mmmm, maybe. It's an eight hour trip, so eight hours tomorrow, meet up with my daughter's Kansas friends, see the show, stay up way too late, and then drive eight hours home on Sunday.

    We'll see how I'm feeling on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I'm so jealous!! I want to see that so bad. ENJOY!!! Definitely worth the drive, I think.

      Delete