Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Preparing for Moving Day

The big day is only two days away!

Yes, edits for my holiday book have finally been turned in, so I've had no choice but to plunge headlong into packing. As we ready for our move to the ranch, the entire house has been turned upside down.
The den has been deconstructed.

The dining room has become a work room.
And the living room is now for storage.
(By the way, Kav, the dogs are starting to get a little weirded out)

However, there's always time for a baby break.
Max wanted to stop by for a first glimpse of Grammy and Big Daddy's house before they move.
He even brought one of his big sisters along for the trip.
Big sisters can get annoying, though, always trying to steal your thunder.
Fortunately, Big Daddy swept in for the rescue.
A good thing, too. All that visiting can wear a little guy out.

So there's a glimpse into our crazy, wonderful week.
Join me back here next week when I'll be coming to you from the ranch, hopefully with some food.
Until then...




Mindy Obenhaus lives in Texas with her husband and the last of her five children. She's passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. When she’s not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Learn more at www.MindyObenhaus.com 


9 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time! It looks like you're right on schedule!

    And that Max...AND his big sister! You are truly blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, they are going to make it tough to leave. Can't wait to watch them enjoy all the fun at the ranch, though.

      Delete
  2. You are an organized packer, Mindy. My place would look like a bomb exploded. Love Max (and thunder stealing sister) -- so are you moving far away from them? Hope the dogs don't get any more weirded out than they are! Don't forget their doggy beds! Praying for a smooth move! Can't wait for a ranch tour in the future (but leave out any and all snakes please.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, the pictures must hide a lot then, because it sure seems like everything is in chaos. Trying to figure out where to start seems to be the most difficult challenge.

      Unfortunately, we are moving four hours away, so we won't get to see the grands quite as often. Especially the ones that live in Oklahoma.

      And what are these doggie beds you speak of? Maddie shares our bed (I told hubby we need a bigger bed) and Dixie sleeps on the floor beside our bed. Everybody wants to be with Dad and Mom.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is so crazy busy for you! I don't envy you the move, but I'm so glad to know a real ranch TEXAN now!!!! YEE HAW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, I don't envy my move either. I'll be glad when it's over and I can settle into a nice rural routine and write stories about, oh, cowboys.

      Delete
  4. I have not moved in 30 years. The prospect terrifies me. I have a hard enough time moving classrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, do I hear you, Mary Cate. My husband keeps asking how we can still have so much stuff when we've given away/gotten rid of so much already. I just smile and nod and hand him another box. :P

      Delete
  5. Wishing you the best!! Can't wait for photos of the ranch!

    ReplyDelete