Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Not for Thanksgiving, but My Favorite Sweet Potato and Pomegranate Recipe

I'm so sad as I type this.

For the past week I've been looking forward to sharing this repeat recipe with you because it is - hands down - my favorite holiday meal.

I've been practically salivating in anticipation of this goodness on Thursday.

But in conversation tonight, when I mentioned how much I was looking forward to it, my daughter - she that is the determiner of the menus - informed met, "It's on the Christmas menu, not Thanksgiving."

Cue the loud, messy tears.


But hey, who raised her? I get to make decisions to.

So, I'm going to make this recipe this weekend because I want it!

But today I'm going to share it so that any of you who want it can enjoy also.

Oh, yeah, she found the recipe so I guess I can forgive her menu authoritarianism.

So here you go  -


My daughter found the recipe several years ago on this website - Keepin' It Kind.
I wouldn't want to steal credit for her recipe, so I'll just show you two quick photos of our batch in progress and then refer you  back to her for the glorious finished photos.

Ingredients:
 three large sweet potatoes cut into medallions, pomegranate arils, orange juice, maple syrup, sea salt, chopped pecans, coconut sugar or brown sugar, and ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.

You may notice in the picture that my daughter chose an assortment of colored sweet potatoes. Who knew there were purple ones?

 Sprinkle with pomegranate arils and shopped pecans.


Bake.

Enjoy.

Okay, go on over to the site and look at the glorious after photos taken by her husband. Pomegranate Orange Sweet Potato Bake.   Kristy tells a lovely story too about getting recipes from her grandma. I love family stories like this, so I was sold even before I tasted the deliciousness.



Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!





5 comments:

  1. I love pomegranates! I eat them in everything. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I never had them before a couple of years ago, but I'm a bog fan now.

      Delete
  2. I really need to get over my fear of pomegranates. LOL Yes, I said that out loud and you probably just gasped, but there it is. Love the idea of this recipe and even though we aren't having Thanksgiving up here this week I think it would make a tasty autumn/winter feast any time. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, what is it you're afraid of? Maybe I can walk you through it. :)

      Thanks for the wishes.

      Delete
  3. This is the kind of recipe we should have on hand every week, all year! Oh my gosh, how fun would it be to pack a dish of this for lunch every day????

    I'm all in!!!!

    I say we have it for Thanksgiving.... and Christmas.... and New Year's with a roast of pork.... And January 13, just because. And February first for the very same reason.

    Good is good, 365 days of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete