Thursday, June 11, 2015

Frothing Your Way to Happiness!

My coffee addiction precedes me.

I think the stories are over-the-top.

I didn't have a hissy fit in Orlanda/Disney during RWA, and no glass was shattered. I swear!!!

I did, however, pout when there was no coffee anywhere after 11:30 AM.

WHAT KIND OF FREAKS STOP DRINKING COFFEE AT NOON?????

See?

I was Perfectly In Control.

:)

Keurigs are wonderful machines. Do not think you will dissuade me with the current rage of facebook posts and tweets talking germs, microbes, molds, etc. Honestly, I DON'T CARE.

It gives me a perfectly balanced cup of coffee... several times/day... at about .10/cup and no waste.

I will gladly risk bacteria for coffee. I want you to know this about me. There is a reason that coffee is listed along with faith, family, country, dogs and chocolate in my bio. It's really safer to just smile and nod and move along, chalking it up to author-crazy, Ruthy-specific! Easy-peasy!

Here is a fun way to create amazingly delicious frothed coffees at home. First you have to buy this little machine or one like it. Years ago I had other hand frothers that didn't work well or last long. This one has GREAT REVIEWS and was given to me by my son-in-law and it has worked multiple times a day (hot chocolate/coffees/lattes) and earns out the first month by using it once/day.

Here are Gevalia frothing coffee packets (which are amazingly delicious, by the way). They average out to about $1.25/cup and I'll be packing these for vacations, etc. because they are marvelous. But let's see what it costs us frugal folks to do this at home!

Here is my secret weapon, very James Bond friendly!

BONJOUR FROTHER


Here's a mug with creamer and a shot of caramel syrup (I use Hershey's, but no syrup is required!)


Heat in microwave. (I heat mine for 25 seconds, it's a 1200 power microwave, so 25 is plenty. You don't want to boil the milk/creamer... just get it really worried about boiling!)

Froth for about ten seconds:


See all those fun bubbles??? LOVE IT! Put under Keurig spigot (or pour your coffee slowly into mug if you're using drip coffee). Foam rises..... Smell is amazing.... (sniffing!!!)


Then a drizzle of caramel if desired!


Cost:

About .25 cents with the caramel, .18 without it....

You can cover the cost of the frother the FIRST MONTH if you use it just once/day.

I love this little machine. It makes me happy. I don't live near a Starbucks, and I wouldn't be able to justify (think GUILT-STRICKEN) going to Starbucks daily, but this is affordable and fun!

I also own the big brother, the Mr. Coffee Cafe/Latte system (Ginny owns one, too...)

And I love it when we're having a party or if I'm doing breakfast lattes for my young friends. It makes four at once and it's a great machine!

And just so youse know, the two get along famously...

True love!!!

So yes, I love my coffee.

L-O-V-E.

Like this: ♥♥♥♥♥

I'm like that with chocolate, too, but here's the good thing: I'm safe to drive with! I'm just annoyingly hyper!

But that may or may not have anything to do with COFFEE!!!!

:)


9 comments:

  1. A frothing machine! Love it. Love the Gevalia Cappucino even MORE. Love it. Love it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved those packets.... Who knew that you could buy happiness for real?????

      Delete
  2. I'll have to take your word for it. I have never seen the appeal of coffee so I'm one of those annoying people who don't drink it ever and quite grasp what all the fuss is about. LOL Glad your machine makes you happy though, because a happy writer is a prolific one which means more books for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing annoying about you!!!! Even if I don't understand the lack of coffee appeal, it's all good! :) And I love chai lattes, too, so I'm an equal opportunity guzzler!

      Delete
  3. It's not 9 a.m. here yet, so I'm still drinking orange juice, but will be looking for my coffee next. Who in their right mind would deprive writers of coffee just because it's 11:30 a.m.? I've hardly finished my second cup by then. We need access 24 hours a day! Gotta keep the brain functioning. I don't need my coffee to be frothy, mind you, but like that for an occasional treat, so your gizmo is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, YES!!!! You understand! It was so funny, they did have little coffeemakers in the room, but it was kind of nasty tasting... But the concierge saw me sitting, working and he started teasing me about all work and no play and I said I couldn't play!!!! Because I needed coffee and NY girls need coffee to play so I was destined to sit in the lobby and work until nightfall... He laughed and showed me their private coffee pot behind the BAR!!!! And he said I could come back there and grab a cup whenever I needed one. :)

      Now that's a hotel that will get my business again! How cool is that???

      Delete
  4. I'm with Kav. Not a coffee drinker. But I won't rain on your parade! I love that you love coffee. I understand the caffeine addiction!

    And those sweet frothy drinks LOOK so good - - just don't make me smell them or taste them. All the more for you, right?

    Tea is my caffeinator of choice. This morning I had Twinings Lady Grey with sweetener, milk, and a couple shakes of cinnamon. Oh, the decadence! I think I need a second cup!

    By the way, I have heard that liking/not liking coffee is a genetic issue. Some people love coffee - it tastes wonderful to them. But people on the other side of the DNA jumble find it to be extremely bitter and horrible (that's me!). Neither my husband or I like coffee (although he enjoys the aroma), but all four of our parents were coffee lovers, and so are three of our children.

    Curiouser and curiouser :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! And I'm glad it works with your creamer. I'm a huge flavored creamer fan. Love my Italian Sweet Cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I love about Mr. Coffee is that you can make other drinks, likehot chocolate and milk steamers. We add a little raspberry or maple flavoring, then pu in a few drops of food coloring and la voila! Some really fun, hot drinks for smaller folks!

    ReplyDelete