Friday, May 8, 2015

This and That from a Busy Week

Missy Tippens, here. Sharing a hodge lodge of photos. And I still haven't cooked anything worth sharing with y'all! It's a crazy time with my daughter nearing graduation. In the last week, we've had the school awards ceremony, prom, the senior luncheon at church, my United Methodist Circle spring luncheon, two AP tests and a Mother-Daughter banquet. I've also sent a proposal to my agent, revised it, then re-sent it (would appreciate prayers my editor loves it!).

Sooo, crazy week, and I've only cooked old stand-by meals that I previously shared here on the blog. Thus, the sharing of a mix of photos today. :)

First, the senior members of the club at the Mother-Daughter banquet showing off their graduation cords. It was so fun that they got to wear their prom and homecoming dresses again!


I thought it would be fun to share a couple of cute center pieces with you. These are from two events at church. This first one, you can see she took two spring napkins, alternated them, then attached with some string to the jar. (Click to enlarge it.) The flowers are mountain laurel.


And this one was gorgeous as well. I don't know what the plants were, but at first I didn't think they were real! I plan to ask my friend what she put in the vase.


Now, I'm asking for your help. This is the plant I bought for my porch, and I have no idea what it is! I sure hope one of you knows. :)


www.missytippens.com

4 comments:

  1. Is it a variety of Kalanchoe?

    And what a whirlwind you've been on. Praying for you all good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think you're right, Julie! I just Googled it and saw some photos. Thank you! I hadn't seen the plant before but thought the leaves looked very drought tolerant. I'm hoping it'll do well in full sun on my porch (where I sometimes forget to water). :)

      Delete
  2. Praying your editor loves your proposal so I can too. (selfish of me, I know.) Spring is always so busy -- not as frantic as Christmas, but busy in its own way. Sounds like you've had fun though, and made some good memories that will last. Hope you get a chance to take a breather soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kav. I sure don't want to wish it over, because I want to treasure every minute while she's still home!

      Delete