Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I GOT MY COVER!!!!!

No recipes today. Life has gone haywire for me in recent weeks and my days have been spent taking care of my aging mother instead of cooking. Well, I am cooking, just not taking pictures or doing anything fancy. Which is also why I haven't been around much lately.

However, I couldn't miss whisking into the cafe today with some news. Can you guess what it is?

Yeah, okay, so the title of this post probably gave it away. Seeing my very first cover--with my name actually on it--was definitely a bright spot among the chaos of last week. Suddenly, it was real. I actually wrote a book that is going to be on the shelves of many a bookstore. Maybe someone will even buy a copy. Maybe they'll even read it!

So without further ado...



I absolutely love it. And I can't wait to hear what y'all think.

The story takes place in the tiny town of Ouray, Colorado. I had sent my publisher a couple of snapshots I had taken.


Of course, they tweaked them to make it, well, perfect, but kept the essence of Ouray--the Victorian buildings along Main Street and the proximity of the mountains.

Want to hear something funny? When I pitched this story to Melissa Endlich, I first showed her some pictures of my setting. One of which was the first snapshot above. She pointed to it and said, "That's an LI book cover right there."

Who knew her words would so prophetic?

20 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW Mindy! Is there such a thing as winning the cover jackpot? I love it!

    And they certainly kept the flavor of the town, didn't they?

    So, is it available for preorder on Amazon yet?

    /opens a new tab to check/

    It is!!!! It's there!

    I'm grinning in South Dakota, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Jan, you are too sweet. I guess I should have given that link for preorder, huh?

      http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Family-Reunion-Love-Inspired/dp/0373878400/ref=tmm_mmp_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1369141443&sr=1-1

      Delete
  2. love the cover - went to amazon and it's not out til sept 1 - that sucks! oh well have other stuff to read but still it's mean to talk about a book we can't get LOL! at least they have pre-order so it'll magically show up on the date :-)

    guess this is low calorie day! :-)
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Susanna. That you have to wait, that is. But yes, the bright side is that I won't be causing any food cravings today :-)

      Delete
  3. They did a beautiful job!! I love it. Yay, Mindy! I'm so thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey -- if you order directly from Harlequin you can get the book a whole month early which is what I do. :-)

    Congrats ont he cover. It's gorgeous. I want to live there! Talk about an ideal setting for a LI book! Happy Dancing in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that, Kav, about ordering from Harlequin. And ya know what, I want to live there too. Ouray is simply gorgeous and very unique.

      Delete
  5. OBENHAUS!!!!! I can't wait to read this book, my friend!!!! I'm so delighted to have Jan's book in my hand.... Mary-of-many-names book on my shelf.... and yours coming up in just three months!!! YEEEEE HAWWWWW!!!! Aren't you so delighted with that cover?

    I L-O-V-E it!!!!

    Who needs food when we can bask in COVERS????? :)

    So delighted for you!

    And hey, what's the name of that chocolate shop in Ouray?

    It takes an awesome small town to produce fine chocolate, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mouse's Chocolates and Coffee, Ruthy. They are to-die-for. They're also well represented in the story:-)

      Delete
  6. Totally love it. Can you believe how it reflects your pictures? So pretty. WANT IT NOW!

    Peace and congrats, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, a beautiful cover! Loved the real pics too! Many congrats on your debut novel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful cover, Mindy -- and I'm going to preorder my copy today! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Mindy! Congratulations.

    Wow. Our books are set near each other. Mine are set near Nel Norte, Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina, we could have gone to that little chocolate shop TOGETHER.

    Then we'd regret it, but hey... life comes with the occasional regret.

    :)

    ReplyDelete