Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ruthy's 10 Minute Chicken-Veggie Bake

Ruthy here today!

This is where necessity became the mother of invention and went on to rule the quick meal world as we know it!



Here's the easy list of ingredients:

2-3 raw, cut-up chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can sliced water chestnuts
2/3 cup French Onion Dip
1 12-16 oz. package carrot/cauliflower/broccoli frozen veggies
1 or 2 boxes of Stovetop Stuffing, prepared as directed.

Mix chicken, soup, veggies, water chestnuts, French Onion dip in bowl.



 Put in greased 13" x 9" pan. Top with prepared stuffing mix.



Bake 30 minutes at 350° (press "alt and 0176 at same time to make degree sign!!!!)


Side view!!!!



This is a delightful surprise of deliciousness. Dave loved it... he got to watch a NY Yankee's Pre-season game

Gratuitous pic of New York Yankee Captain and shortstop, Derek Jeter....
Because everything looks better in pinstripes!
Or Yankee sweats!


 and I....

:)

I got to write.

SUH-WEET!

8 comments:

  1. I still can't make that dumb degree sign! I just keep trying over and over!
    I probably could have made this casserole in the amount of time I've wasted on finding the degree sign.

    Techology. What a time saver... NOT.

    :) Yum, looks tasty. And now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that this is stymy-ing you! Press the ALT key.... ° Hold it down. Then press 0176 on the number pad. Does your keyboard have a number pad on the right or left?

      Maybe that's the problem, Toots! It doesn't work on the keyboard numbers at the top, just on the number pad.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious, Ruthy! And quick and easy, my two criteria for copying a recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave loved it. That's the battle right there, right!

      If Dave loves it and it's easy, I'm in business!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow! I"ve never seen this recipe before. Looks fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!

    I do believe, though, that everything looks better in a Giants uniform.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I saw Buster doing a commercial on MLB TV, really funny one about the MLB video game.... He's adorable.

      I love me some Jeter.

      God bless that man! And really, everything else aside, the pinstripes are cooler, Missy. I love Buster and the Giants, but there's nothing that beats Yankee pinstripes.

      I'm just sayin'..... :)

      Delete
  4. Virginia, I just gave up and write out the word every time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be your keyboard numbers. I forgot that it has to be a number pad.

      Delete