Missy, here. And today is, literally, a coffee chat!
I came across this article on "5 Coffee Drinks Over 500 Calories" at EverydayHealth.com and was totally stunned! (They list the source as Findthebest.com )
1. Krispy Kreme's Mocha Dream Chiller, 20oz: 1,050 calories, 41g total fat
EQUAL TO: 6.17 White Castle cheese burgers
2. Dunkin' Donuts Vanilla Bean Coolatta, 32oz: 860 calories, 12g of total fat
EQUAL TO: 3.44 McDonald's Hamburgers
3. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Caramel Ice Blended, 24oz: 790 calories, 13g of fat
EQUAL TO: 4.16 Taco Bell Chicken Soft Tacos
4. Starbucks White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino w/whip, 24oz: 760 calories, 13g of fat
EQUAL TO: 2.23 Burger King Fries (small)
5. Peet's Coffee & Tea Hot White mocha w/whip, 20oz: 547 calories, 25g total of fat
EQUAL TO: 1.95 Subway 6" Turkey Breast Sandwiches
As Ruthy would say...Oh my stars.
Have you ever drunk any of these?? I'm pretty sure I've had a Coolatta.
So, how do you cut down on the fat and calories of your favorite jazzed-up coffee/tea beverages?