So what's there to love about February?
I made a list! :) Because I'm over the flu and feeling FRISKY!!!! So here is a list of reasons to celebrate FEBRUARY!!!!
1. Chocolate (Valentine's Day.... duh!)
2. "Swept Away" releases and you get to have so much fun in Martha's Vineyard with Priscilla, Gail, Joan, Trudy and handsome Coast Guard Captain Gerald O'Bannon!!!! SWEET!!!! Yes, you can get Swept Away RIGHT HERE AT GUIDEPOSTS!!!
3. There are only FIVE weeks until Daily Savings Time. FIVE. Not six. Not anymore. Because we're down to five!!!
4. Seed catalogs... THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR FOR SEED CATALOGS!!!!!
5. Chocolate. This cannot be mentioned too much or too often.
6. "Her Secret Daughter" on shelves nationwide, an absolutely beautiful story of sacrificial love that goes good... in all the wrong ways..... A hard-to-resist Ruthy book and the last book in the Grace Haven series.... And you can get it right HERE ON AMAZON, TOO!!!
7. The sun is beginning to "feel" warmer when it's out. Now, this seems subjective, but when you live in the north, subtleties matter! So that higher arc begins to make a difference by Valentines Day. And here is a word to the wise... that higher arc stirs water... so even water with thick ice can become dangerous because the stronger heat of the sun makes water move... and ice shift. So even thick ice can shift, gap and become dangerous, not because of the temperature.... but because of the power of the sun.
8. Valentine's Day... do you celebrate it? What do you do? I always make delicious things here but we don't go out (I waitressed too many years to think it's smart to go out on Valentine's Day.... so busy and so crazy and the cooks are rushed!) But a wonderful dinner.... and dessert... I'm happy!
So what do you have to look forward to this February? I'm not talking taxes because I won't do them until late March, early April. No sense hurrying forward to pay, right?
And I think I need to have fun with a hummingbird cake recipe and try it out here... Maybe next week, before the big Valentine's Day of celebration is upon us!
Multi-published, award-winning inspirational author Ruthy Logan Herne loves God, her family, her country, chocolate, coffee, dogs and mini-donkeys.... she lives on a farm in the snowy, forested plains of Western NY and she loves hiding away in her winter den, penning great stories, when no one's looking! Follow her on Twitter.... friend her on facebook... or just stop by and have coffee with her and the gals of the cafe here... right here! They've got the welcome mat ready!