Friday, March 4, 2016

Turkey Tenderloins (Part 2): Leftovers!

Missy Tippens

Last week I shared a quick turkey dinner using marinated turkey tenderloins. (Click here.) But like I mentioned, we have an empty nest now. So I definitely had leftovers.

I also had most of a large can of cream of mushroom soup leftover as well, so decided to make up some sort of pasta recipe kind of like turkey tetrazzini.


First, I started boiling water for cooking the noddles. I love thin spaghetti to make the process go quicker. :)

Then I chopped 3 or 4 small carrots into small cubes. I sautéed them in some butter and olive oil. Once they'd softened a bit, I added a bag of frozen peas.

(Sorry, I didn't take photos!)

Once the vegetables were ready, I stirred in the cubed leftover turkey and let it heat through. Then I stirred in the leftover cream of mushroom soup. If you don't have leftovers, I think 1 or 2 small cans would be enough. I also added a splash of half-and-half to thin it some. It made a nice "gravy" without having to actually make gravy!


Once the noodles were cooked al dente, I added a bit of pasta water to further thin the sauce and then tossed in about half the noodles.

I ended up topping with a bit of parmesan, because, well, parmesan makes just about anything better. :)


Enjoy!

www.missytippens.com

8 comments:

  1. Great recipe idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, what a delightfully quick shortcut! I'd never made tetrazini until this year because Jon couldn't go home to Minnesota and have his mother's.... so I made it for him here, and it was SO GOOD! Why hadn't I thought of it before???

    Dunno.

    Thank you for this!

    (although I will use fettuccine. I like flat, wide noodles. Isn't it funny how we all gravitate to our own noodles???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fettuccine too! But yeah, I do tend to stick to the same favorite noodles. :)

      Delete
  3. Super comfort food. :) And so quick and easy!

    The best thing? It uses those pesky leftovers that take up room in the refrigerator! (Can you tell that we don't have an empty nest...yet?)

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, YUMMY!! This is so up our alley, with six kids (four active teens) and a very active hubby. Delicious and filling!!

    ReplyDelete