Friday, November 6, 2015

A Trip to the North Georgia Mountains

with Missy Tippens

Last week, my husband and I took some vacation time and spent several days in the mountains. We stayed in Dahlonega, Georgia, and took several side trips during the days.

Though I think we were past the peak of fall leaves--at least higher up in the mountains, we still saw some beautiful color. I thought I'd share some photos.

One of the days, we went to Amicolola Falls State Park. Here's the view from the middle.


And here is the view from the top. Amicolola was probably the prettiest scenic area we visited all that week.


Here is the quaint hotel where we first stayed, The Dahlonega Square Hotel. Then we moved to the Hall House Hotel during our trip because it's peak season, and I waited a little late to make reservations. So we had to juggle and go where there were openings. Oops!


Of course, since it's the Cafe, I had to share food. :) We had excellent pizza one night at Gustavo's on the square. 


One of the days, we traveled to Helen, Georgia. Everything there is made to look like an Alpine Village.  We ate on the river and shopped.



We also visited the beautiful Montaluce Winery and had lunch on the patio. The rain had just stopped when I made this photo of the vineyard.



So many fun photos. I wish I had time to share more. Maybe I'll share a video or two next week. I took one to use for relaxation. :)

Where do you go to see fall color?

www.missytippens.com

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Autumn is my favourite season. Up here, Fall colour is all around me since I live in an older section of the city with huge established trees. Footpaths and bike paths criss-cross all over the place, including along the river which is probably where you can the most spectacular views. Especially before the Canada Geese start flying south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I would love to live on or near the water. It's so peaceful to me.

      Delete
  2. Really pretty! I pinned it as a place I'd like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning my photo! I hope you get to visit someday. It's an easy walk into the middle of the falls--about ⅓ mile. And you can drive to the top. So no major hiking required. :)

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are so beautiful! Fall is lovely in Georgia :)

    And what a great way to spend some time with your hubby. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great getaway, Jan. I didn't have a vacation this summer because hubby and kids took some time to tour NYC while I was at RWA. So this was a much needed vacation!

      Delete
  4. I've never been to Georgia! I mean, I've driven through and maybe we stopped at a McDonald's or something, but I wouldn't even know what town that was. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia, you need to come for a visit sometime! :)

      Delete