I'll be sharing recipes from that event over the next couple of weeks, but at the top of my must-have list was one of my husband's all-time favorite recipes. It's so easy and so yummy that I never get by without having to give out the recipe at least once.
Now you may wrinkle your nose when you hear the name of this, but trust me (and all those folks who've demanded this recipe), you're gonna love it.
Mindy's Grape Salsa
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups roughly chopped grapes, I like red, but you can use green
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (one small can) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (if you don't have red wine, just use whatever vinegar you have on hand)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least one hour. Drain and serve with tortilla chips.
Doesn't that look purty. I think part of what makes it so good is that blend of sweet and salty. And no, it's not hot. Just the right amount of spice.
Here's the birthday girl enjoying herself, despite the fact that she doesn't like to be fussed over. She's real good about fussing over others, but when she's the fussy instead of the fusser, well, that's a different story. I told her to get over it and just enjoy. After all, with a hat like that....
What's your sure-to-please recipe that you break out at every party?