So here's what you'll need:
- Chicken, whatever you like. Sarah always used a cut up fryer, but my group prefers dark meat so on this occasion I used all drumsticks. I've made it with thighs or boneless, skinless breasts too.
- 1 cup long grain rice (yes, this just regular white rice)
- 1 packet onion soup mix (Lipton or whatever)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Beau Monde (this is a seasoning blend put out only by Spice Islands, but trust me when I say it makes this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups water
Add water, then lay in chicken pieces. Now Sarah didn't skin her chicken and she always dipped each piece in melted butter before placing it in the pan. However, I'm trying to cut out fat wherever I can so I skin my chicken and instead of butter, I simply mist the tops of the chicken with a little bit of olive oil so they won't dry out.
Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Every taste bud in the house will tantalized while this is baking.
Perfect! Just add a green veggie and dinner's ready.
Warning: You may find your family fighting for the rice. It is SO good.
What's your go-to dish? The quick and easy that everybody loves.