This easy Mexican casserole is one of my favorites. And I love that I can make with either chicken or beef to suit whatever I have on hand.
Okay, so here are the basic ingredients:
- Corn tortillas (I'm not sure how many. I usually buy a pack of 20)
- 1 can of Ro-tel (diced tomatoes with green chilies-I use the milder version)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet enchilada seasoning
- 1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 C shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend or sharp cheddar)
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (I used venison) AND 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Add another layer of sauce and top with half of the cheese.
Add remaining sauce and cheese.