Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with Maple Nut Glaze

Easy-Peasy.

You doubt me.

Do not doubt the Ruth-meister!  ;)

For this recipe you will need

1 pork tenderloin
Rosemary garlic seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Rub tenderloin with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.

Sear in olive oil in heavy skillet. Brown on all sides. Cover and cook to desired doneness. (Remember they've raised the "ban" on undercooked pork because trichinosis has pretty much been eradicated because pigs are not fed meat. Although pigs like meat. But anyway, you can cook it any way you want now, that's all I'm sayin'!



Glaze:

1/2 cup Maple syrup (real.... Did you have to ask????)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice.



Bring to boil. Reduce water (you can sound fancy and call this a "reduction" because it is. But I like the term "glaze") until mixture thickens, a few minutes of soft boil. Stir in 2/3 cup chopped walnuts.

Either serve over pork or mix with pork drippings and use as a 'sauce'...

The first way gives you a thicker nut glaze. If you water the glaze down with the drippings, you get a sweet/savory sauce that combines all the elements of the pork and the sweetness of the glaze.

Done.

Done. Done. Done.

Takes about twenty minutes. Serve with rice or potatoes or baked sweet potatoes (microwave about 7 minutes...)

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm...and pork loin is on sale at our local store this week!

    I'll keep the glaze on the side, though - my dear husband, bless his heart (those years of living in the south are telling on me) likes his meat done to death. Tough. No gravy, juice, broth or glaze.

    So I'll just enjoy my nice, tender, pork with maple nut glaze...and maybe pour his glaze over my baked sweet potato. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this glaze would work on sweet potatoes, sweet thang! ;) It would work on oatmeal, too.

    Sooooo good! Just that hinted fruitiness from the OJ is wonderful. For holidays, I figured I'd throw in some craisins to add an orange cranberry maple twist!

    Whaddya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is now going to be a Missy recipe! I ALWAYS keep pork tenderloin in the freezer. Sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing!!

    One question. Are you talking garlic powder or fresh chopped garlic?

    ReplyDelete