Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Week to Remember

Okay, so this isn't exactly Sparks's "A Walk to Remember".... sweet story.

No, this is Ruthy's "Week to Remember" beginning with oh... it's spring and farm stuff is ramping up... So how 'bout we put another ten or twelve hours in the week, 'kay????

Yep. Now you know why I welcome winter....

Here's a link to peaceful winter music, my friends!!!!

So we begin with a beautiful First Communion for grandson Xavier.... Look how sweet this boy is, and what a beautiful day!


I made him a First Communion cake and we were so happy to be at his ceremony...



Then there was the joy of book writing (and yes, that is a hugely fun part of my week....)

Tonight I am the sponsor for a beautiful young lady for Confirmation into the church... and what a blessing that is, to be asked to stand up for a kid accepting Christ as her Savior... Now there's a happy dance moment right there!!!

(No pictures because it hasn't happened yet.... But it will. Tonight!!!)

PICTURES ADDED!!!:  This was McKenna and me at Sacred Heart Cathedral... which is actually where I grew up.

And this is us with Bishop Matano:


And then tomorrow is normal (kind of) and then Saturday is another beautiful First Communion for granddaughter Anna....

 And a party, of course!!!!

And my beautiful Christina (daycare cutie from a while back and now works on the farm) is going to her SENIOR BALL!!!! And then college, where has the time gone????

And then we roll into Mother's Day and a wonderful performance by my young friend Taylor as "Belle" in "Beauty and the Beast"....

And did I mention that it's Mother's Day?

And then Beth's birthday rounds out the week.

Yep.

Beautiful stuff.

Crazy busy week.... and when folks look at me and say "Gosh, your kids are all grown up, why do you still get up in the middle of the night to work?" I just smile....

Real pretty-like...

And say something inane like "Oh, I'm used to it..."

Or the ever-famous: "I'm a morning person!"

Or there's always: "It's my most productive time!!!"

:)

There is some truth in all the above, but the reason is always first, last and in the middle: I don't get interrupted by life in the middle of the night...

And I don't feel guilty about doing the cool family gigs I love!

So there you have it.

That's my week.... I am blessed to be part of it!!!

And more blessed to see young families bringing their sweet babies to church.

Not much cooking.... Some baking... and definitely some garden work going on. The time of throwing stuff on the grill and having salads in the fridge is upon us...

And I'm okay with that!

Award-winning author Ruthy Logan Herne does love the peace and quiet of winter, and she just may find a rabbit hole one day but for now, the old farmhouse works and she slips downstairs when the birds are chirping and the frogs are peeping to keep on with her writing schedule... With a Diet Mt. Dew at her side! Write to her at loganherne@gmail.com, visit her website ruthloganherne.com or friend her on facebook or follow her on Twitter... she's always happy to meet/greet/see you!

3 comments:

  1. Life interrupted. It can so annoying sometimes. Yet it can also be a blessing. Ruthy, I envy you for getting up so early and devoting that time to writing (or baking). I often lay awake 3 or 4 AM and just know that I'm going to be hating life when the alarm goes off later. But do I get up? No. That is when I get some of my best story ideas, though. I make notes on my phone then, ultimately, fall back to sleep. And then grumble when the alarm goes off because I felt so much better at 4 AM.

    Love the pictures and the First Communions. Such lovely kids. And you have quite a packed week, though it will be one full of blessings. Yay for blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, it has been such a fun week... and I have the memories of McKenna's Confirmation now! It was wonderful... and so fun to be part of her life.

    The early morning thing is an acquired taste, I think. Some folks are so much better at night and I'm a basket case... but early morning calls to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interrupted time with family activities are the best. What a memorable week for you and loved ones. Beautiful family and so many reasons to celebrate each one.

    I'm definitely a morning person and more productive. Blessings and love, Ruthy.

    ReplyDelete