Friday, May 31, 2019

A Tea Party Like Mindy's

Missy Tippens

Several weeks ago when Mindy shared photos of her tea party, I got inspired and made reservations. Today, my daughter, one of my friends and I got to go have a wonderful tea at the Ivy Tea House in Norcross, Georgia. We learned after we arrived that they've only been open for three months. They did a wonderful job!



I started off with some tasty iced peach tea. (It was over 90 degrees today!) Once my thirst was quenched, I had the passionfruit jasmine black tea in my own little pot.



If you're looking at the website menu, we had the Ivy Tea. It's an afternoon tea (not high tea). For our savory items, we had pimento cheese in phyllo cups, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches that were served in a delicious dill bread, and egg salad on toast rounds. I loved all of it so much!


Oops. Put some on our plates before taking the photo!

For our sweets, we had cream puffs with amazing pastry cream, lemon bars, fresh fruit, and scones with cream, lemon curd, and jam. We couldn't remember what type scones they were, but are pretty sure they had tea in them.



It was such a nice afternoon with the ladies! We'll definitely do it again sometime!

www.missytippens.com


7 comments:

  1. Oh, you've got me feeling hungry, Missy. There used to be a tea place in Manhattan called Chadwick's. (We're talking over 30 years ago!) The staff all dressed like something out of Downton Abbey. I loved taking a late afternoon tea break instead of lunch. I never had anything as elaborate as your tea, just tea and scones with clotted cream. Oh yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, that sounds so fun! Maybe another tea house will open near you.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a lovely way to celebrate life, love and friends! I love this idea...

    And Cate, I remember hearing about Chadwick's long ago. I can't remember why, but you dredged up that memory. Was it in the financial district? My history there is only twenty years old so I never saw it, but I remember the name.

    Oh, one must love a great tea party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a definite special event!

      Delete
    2. Ruthy, I don't know if they had a branch in the financial district, but the one I went to was by Bloomingdale's in the upper 50s.

      Delete
  3. Missy, wasn't it fun, though? Such a nice time-out from life.

    ReplyDelete