Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Magnolia Market with Ruthy and Foodie Fun

This Texan hasn't done much cooking this week. And when I did, I forgot to take pictures. However, I did make a trip to Waco, Texas to meet up with our own Ruth Logan Herne.
'
We met at The Silos, home of Magnolia Market.
Not to mention some of prettiest gardens I've ever seen.
 The snapdragons and roses were in full bloom. And check out this cool fence.
 I loved all of the little vignettes.
Then we shopped at Magnolia Market, though neither of us bought anything. Mostly because we were holding out for the bakery.
Pastries and a long list of cupcake choices awaited us there. I got a coconut cupcake, a strawberry one, lemon-lavender, the Silobration and a Chocolatier. 
Hmm... Can't imagine where the Chocolatier and the strawberry one went. Though, I will say that the strawberry was my favorite.

Then it was back home to the ranch for our final fish fry of the 2019 Lenten season. This is some of the best catfish you've ever tasted.
Just for the record, this was my son's plate, not mine. But I still ate my fair share of fish.

Yes, those were the highlights of my week. The rest of it was spent finishing up my latest manuscript which, I'm happy to say, is now in the hands of my editor. I think that calls for a celebration. Someone pass me a cupcake.

How did you spend your Holy Week? And how was your Easter?



Three time Carol Award finalist Mindy Obenhaus lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, the youngest of her five children and two dogs. She passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. When she's not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Learn more a mindyobenhaus.com.






8 comments:

  1. Bad hair, don't care! :) That was so much fun, meeting up with you and having barbecue together at Vitek's.... and then the market.... all things Magnolia!!!!... and just a chance to talk with you! And the guys didn't even act bored, they just guy-talked their way through it all.... but we had just fed them, and there's a food truck line there, so it wasn't like they would starve....

    Also good, starving men are not fun!!!

    I loved it, Mindy! And the people in Texas are so stinkin' nice. We loved that.

    THEY SPEAK TO YOU.

    LIKE ON PURPOSE.

    :)

    Oh, happy day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, the best part of the whole day, even better than the cupcakes, was getting to spend time with you and chat and get to know you better. I can't wait for your next trip to Texas.

      Delete
  2. Oooooooh — I was hoping you’d share your Mindy/Ruthy adventures! I’m way jealous over the gardens and the cupcakes!!!! Looks like there’s more icing than cupcake — yum! We are having warm weather and I only have one area of my front yard under snow so my garden will look like that soon! Well, in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I knew you would appreciate the gardens. And I'm so glad you're finally getting some spring and will be able to plant/garden soon. I love snapdragons, though they're more a winter/spring flower here. They don't like the heat.

      My guys said the same thing about the frosting. Heathens. I ate all of mine. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, what fun! I'm so envious!! I think we all need to meet there sometime!

    Loved the photos. And now I'm craving cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, I don't know about you, but it doesn't take much to make crave cupcakes. And YES, we do need to meet there sometime. Oh, the fun we would have.

      Delete
  4. Oh that looks like a fun visit. And now you have me craving catfish and cupcakes. What a combination. Sounds like the title of a cozy mystery! Which reminds me, I was reading Ruthy's Swept Away and in the scene, they were eating fried haddock. Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?

    Glad you ladies (and men) had such a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, haven't you learned by now that you never visit the blog when you're hungry. Although catfish and cupcakes would make a mighty fine lunch. ;)

      Delete