Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Anniversary Cinnamon Bread

Best laid plans and all that...

This Sunday (31st) would have marked our 35th wedding anniversary.

When we first were married, I used to bake a cinnamon bread from a cookbook a friend of ours wrote. My husband loved the bread.

Since I can't bake it for him this weekend, I thought I'd share it with you.

But when I went to look for the cookbook, it was gone.

#sadness

So I had to find an alternative.

Most of the time these days, I don't bake for just me. Bread Alone, which has a stand at our farmers' market makes a pretty delicious one, so I buy that when I'm craving cinnamon bread.



And if you're a bread pudding fan, the Bread Alone website has a bread pudding recipe with a twist of fig,

But if you really want to bake cinnamon bread, a Google search brings A LOT of amazing sounding recipes.


Mindy shared a Texas spring with us yesterday. We're not quite so far along here in Brooklyn, but we're getting there.




6 comments:

  1. Ah, cinnamon bread.... I love cinnamon bread. There's something so wonderful about it. So down home good.

    Cate, thank you for talking publicly about your loss. So many folks pretend nothing has happened, that they're skating through life seamlessly and that seems so unreal to me. I love that you're open and honest and anyone who has lost a loved one can feel that in your posts... Life goe on, yes. But it goes on differently.

    For my traditional cinnamon bread I use the white bread recipe I have on here and then when I roll it out after the first rising, I butter the dough... then slather the buttered surface with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. Then I roll it up, tuck the ends and bake it at 400 until done. Or you can slice the roll, put the round "slices" into a baking pan, and make cinnamon rolls! That basic bread recipe has been one of our family go-tos for years. Perfect texture, and texture is so important to me when we're talking breads.

    https://yankeebellecafe.blogspot.com/2019/02/bread-is-not-enemy.html

    Gosh, now I want to make cinnamon French Toast like Mindy posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, thanks for making crave French toast, Ruthy.

      Delete
    2. Okay, make that three of us wanting French Toast now. Maybe the Cafe should run a special!

      Delete
  2. Mary Cate, like Ruthy, I appreciate that you're being open and real about your life and loss and finding a new norm.

    I'm also right there with Ruthy on the cinnamon bread. Hello! I love the stuff. Which is why I don't often have it. But sometimes, you just gotta give in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, cinnamon bread. Yes, Mindy, I try to avoid buying it because once it's in the house, I have zero willpower.

      Delete
  3. Mary Cate, I'm sorry I missed your post! And I'm sorry you can't find the cookbook. Can you contact the friend about getting another one? Or maybe ask your kids if they borrowed it.

    I'll be thinking about you around this first wedding anniversary without your husband. We're here for you.

    ReplyDelete