Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Perfect for Potluck

It's Catholic Schools Week which means my life is not my own!

I'm not complaining because it's a good thing to celebrate, but between open houses and wakes, I was barely home this weekend, so...

 

NO COOKING happened other than reheating chicken and greens.

 

So I was scrolling through looking for a worth recipe to share that I hadn't posted in a while. I came across this one that my daughter shared and it seemed appropriate comfort food for the nasty cold so many are enduring!

 

Enjoy!


My daughter was having a pot luck luncheon at her job last week. She knew that one of the ladies is gluten-free, so she wanted to make something this woman could enjoy.

She spent a week running recipes by me, but when I saw this one, I knew she had a winner.  I'm posting a link to the original recipe, but here is her final result.

Butternut Squash, Fennel & Apple Galette



The recipe is from a site called NutritionStripped.
Her description:
"This Butternut Squash Fennel & Apple Galette is not only incredibly beautiful but a crowd pleaser. It’s made with slightly sweet and creamy butternut squash, tart apples, and fragrant fennel- a winning trio of fall flavors wrapped into a rustic gluten free and vegan galette, then sprinkled with fresh herb and a drizzle of olive oil."

Doesn't that sound like an intriguing combination?

All I can tell you is that not only did it garner raves at the luncheon, but apparently it was the only dish that had no leftovers. And people were emailing my daughter for the recipe.

I was not happy about the no leftovers part, and I told me daughter we'd be making this again soon!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! And the blend of flavors is intriguing!

    You ARE a busy woman this week. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh -- thanks for reposting this. As the only vegetarian in my bible study I'm always grappling for ideas for our potlucks. I'm nervous about how others will receive my contributions -- I know I shouldn't but I was hassled about being vegetarian for years -- friends and family were downright cruel -- and though I'm mostly over all that now, cooking for people is still nerve wracking. But since this one has already made the potluck test with great success I'm game to give it a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stars, that's a meal on a plate right there! I love it.... and butternut squash and apples are like food of the gods.... Such a perfect combination! Thank you for this reminder, Cate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing mix of flavors, Mary Cate. Hmm...I really want to try this, though I doubt my guys would eat it. Maybe I'll make a mini version, because this looks really good.

    ReplyDelete