Friday, July 20, 2018

This & That

Missy Tippens

I thought I'd share a few photos of a volunteer brown-eyed Susan I discovered in an empty flower pot beside the house. So fun to find those!





They're so bright and cheery. I hope they'll bring a little joy to your day!

Also, I have a gratuitous grand-dog photo to make you laugh. When we first saw this, we thought he looked like a horse! :)


We've had the grand-dogs for a week at our house. My son and his wife are home from a trip to California and picked them up yesterday. They were so happy to see their mom and dad!

One other quick thing to share. Some friends of ours have one of these books and invited us to come join them sometime on a hunt. It's a company that make books that are guides for doing scavenger hunts around Atlanta (and a few other places)! Hunters use landmarks to solve puzzles. It sounds like such a fun idea. I can't wait to take part! Maybe you can find something similar in your area.


5 comments:

  1. Love the grand dog photos! We have gio cashing here. It is a phone app that has you look for things people hid. I bet they have it in your area too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen people doing that, Katie! I hadn't thought to try it. Will check it out!

      Delete
  2. Cute dog photo! How can you resist that face!

    The puzzle book is a great idea for both tourists and residents. We have a similar thing here - Rapid City has statues of all the presidents scattered around the downtown area. You can pick up a guide at the visitor's center and visit each statue and learn about the presidents.

    And those flowers are lovely, too! A nice surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brown-eyed susans! So cheery -- you have to smile when you see one. And I love the dog photo too. You are a good grammy!

    And those clue town books sound like fun! I've never heard of anything like that. And would it be a great feature in a novel?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I was a good grammy while the dogs were here for a week. But I admit I'm relieved they're back at home! haha (My elderly dog is thankful for the quiet, too.) :)

      Delete