Friday, July 13, 2018

Record-setting Baked Potato!

Missy Tippens

We went out to eat the other night, and I decided to try the baked potato. I had been to this particular restaurant before when the person at the next table had ordered one. I had sat there dumbfounded, staring (and giggling) because it was the biggest potato I had ever seen.

I warned my husband and daughter to be prepared for something possibly mutated from Idaho. And then they brought the food out...



I put my hand beside it for reference. Gigantic! I couldn't believe they could grow something like that. 

But then, as I was eating and began to get full about a third of the way through, I noticed something a little odd.

There was a slice in the peel. As I checked closer, I realized that the slice went all the way through, and the edges didn't quite match. What on earth...?

The giant potato was fake! It was two potatoes put together! Hahahaha! Actually, it was more like one and a half potatoes put together.

Now that I've told you, you can probably see it in the photo. :)

So fun. And I don't care at all because it was SO YUMMY!!! And honestly, I was a bit relieved that I wasn't eating some mutant tuber. :)

Cheese, bacon, sour cream, butter and chives. All my favorite toppings for a potato!

Do you sometimes crave a big baked potato for a meal?



Missy's latest is a novella available from Amazon! Click here to check it out.


Missy Tippens, a pastor’s wife and mom of three from near Atlanta, Georgia, made her first sale to Harlequin Love Inspired in 2007. Her books have since been nominated for the Booksellers Best, Holt Medallion, ACFW Carol Award, Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, Maggie Award, Beacon Contest and a 2013 RT Reviewer’s Choice Award. A House Full of Hope was a Romance Writers of America 2013 RITA® Nominee. Her recent releases include titles from Love Inspired as well as Indie published boxed sets with fellow inspirational romance writers. Visit Missy at www.missytippens.comhttps://twitter.com/MissyTippens and http://www.facebook.com/missy.tippens.readers.



www.missytippens.com

7 comments:

  1. I'm laughing along with you! I've seen big potatoes, but never that big! But the slice and dice makes sense. A romance made in the kitchen!

    And I do love a good baked potato. I don't have them often, but when I did I loved to dress them up with all the fixin's.

    Now, with my non-dairy diet, I'll have to be more creative. But I'm willing to try. :-)

    My favorite, though, is a baked sweet potato. A smidgen of butter, a bit of salt and pepper, and then the crowning touch: cumin. Yum! (Don't knock it until you've tried it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I bet I would like that! But I sure would miss the brown sugar. :)

      Delete
  2. Missy, if I'm going to indulge in a potato, it's gotta have all the topping you mentioned. And extra bacon, please. This story is too funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a loaded baked potato too, Mindy! Another favorite is with chili and cheese on top.

      Delete
  3. I've heard that the potato farmers send the biggest ones to restaurants. The smaller ones they sell in grocery stores. I live in northern Utah, and sometimes we have groups or individuals that sell 100 pound bags of potatoes. We've purchased them before (although we always split them with someone else), and they have seriously huge potatoes in them. They might not be quite as big as yours, but they are easily as big as your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, those would be great for cooking meals at home! I can definitely make a meal out of a potato!

      Delete
  4. I've seen some huge baking potatoes at one of our grocery stores.

    I enjoy a baked potato with chili in the winter. Summer time I'm more focused on fresh produce.

    ReplyDelete