Thursday, August 31, 2017

Egg Roll Stir Fry

Pam Hillman sent me this recipe last week, and I love egg rolls... but I don't love being married to carbs...

So how fun to have a recipe for a filling that has low carbs and tons of flavor... and is an easy fifteen-minute fix!

#mustloveChinesefood

Okay, okay, I know this isn't REAL Chinese food, like that you'd find in Beijing.

But it passed the Farmer Dave seal of approval, and Lacey and I both loved it...

So here you go:



2 lbs. Breakfast sausage
2 bags fresh cole slaw mix
2 teaspoons garlic or 1 clove, minced
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce

Brown sausage. Drain. Add in garlic, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce....



 Toss in cole slaw mix.




Cook until cole slaw begins to go limp (I like mine a little crunchy)...



Serve.

Absolutely delicious!

I tried mine with peanuts and decided it was better without peanuts.  We all enjoyed this, it was a crowd pleaser!

And fast, and when I'm working on deadlines and perusing edits, there's not a lot of time for fancy, but that's okay.

Here... on the farm... we're simple folks!

Check our Ruthy at her website ruthloganherne.com or friend her on facebook where she loves to play and pray with folks. Author of over 40 novels and novellas, Ruthy loves to connect with readers!

8 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty! I saved the recipe when Pam shared it. Now I've got it at the Cafe to come back to! Thanks for sharing, Ruthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, I decided we'd cut down the soy sauce next time, it was too salty... but so crazy delicious and almost no carbs!!!!

      Delete
  2. Ruthy, this is the filling I used to make for egg rolls long ago-I mean really long-when I made egg rolls. And I always used to nibble on it before filling and frying the wrappers, so why I never thought to just put it in a bowl and eat it is beyond me. Looks like what's old is new again, at least for me. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth? The old comes around! Mindy, we're in love with this recipe!!!!

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite recipes! So filling and healthy, and without the carbs. :) And yes, it has passed the "boy test" at our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passing the "boy" test is huge... Dave loved it. And if you wanted a carb base, a nice Basmati rice would be great, but totally not necessary. So good!

      Delete
  4. This sounds so delish! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, it is marvelous... and it's great warmed up, too!

      Delete