Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Something Yummy This Way Comes

I recently saw a group of 8th graders doing an amazing performance of Macbeth. I'd forgotten that the line "Something wicked this way comes," derives from the Scottish play.

Anyway, it popped into my mind as I was writing this blog and switching yummy for wicked certainly fits.

Warning - there is nothing healthy about this post, despite me being known as the healthy writer. Sometimes you just need comfort food.

Are any of you fans of the Stouffer's pizzas?

I used to love the 5 cheese white pizza. I haven't had it in a while, and I wasn't consciously trying to imitate it, but my daughter and I both agreed the result of my experiment tasted remarkably similar (in all the good ways).

The background: it was late, I was hungry. I needed something fast and filling.

I had a loaf of Italian bread. I had cheese.
I opened the cabinet and grabbed my freeze-dried garlic and set it to soften in some olive oil. I spread that mix on the halved loaf of sesame bread.

I sprinkled some cheese over that, mixed in some oregano, basil, and more garlic, then covered with more cheese and baked.

Oh, did it ever smell delicious!

It tasted even better!!!


I did remember to take photos!




9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. THIS is why I try not to stop by the cafe at night. Now I'm not happy with my lowfat latte. :( :( :( This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I know. Looking at it again while I was posting it made me want some immediately!

      Delete
  2. DIVING THROUGH THE SCREEN, MUST HAVE THIS, ALL OF THIS NOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you go wild, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah. This will be our quick supper tonight!

    And what's a little less-healthy eating between friends?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Cate, the Stouffers French bread pizzas used to be my fave and this totally reminds me of them, only better. They're a little chintzy with the cheese. But this... THIS... The best things come from those late night dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That does look like the Stouffer's pizza! I'm glad you shared this. Will definitely make it sometime. :)

    (BTW, That unknown deleted comment was me signed in under the wrong account). :)

    ReplyDelete