Friday, October 14, 2016

Fall Flowers and Fall Break

Missy Tippens


First, I want to share this gorgeous flower arrangement from this past Sunday at our church. That's a real pumpkin! I'm amazed at the beautiful arrangements our flower guild teams do. After seeing this photo on Facebook, Ruthy has put me on a research project to find out whether they treated the pumpkin to preserve it and to find out how long the arrangement will last. :)



Also wanted to share this hilarious photos of our grand-dogs while on their fall break in the mountains. Well, it was my son and daughter-in-law's fall break. But also the dogs' break as well, I guess. :)

And finally, a little bit of cooking. My daughter and middle son were home early this week for fall break. I was thrilled they had the same two days off and talked them both into coming home. And of course, my daughter wanted to bake brownies while here. It's our go-to dessert.

She decided to try something new. She replaced the water in the recipe with coffee.


Well, I have to admit you couldn't tell the difference. I told her next time we'll use our espresso powder. Or else we'll make very strong espresso by dissolving it in the water. And I might even sprinkle some of the powder on top of the brownies before baking. I actually sprinkle the espresso granules on my ice cream sometimes, so I think that will work well with brownies.


So technically, this recipe was a fail, since we wanted coffee-infused brownies. However, it definitely didn't truly fail, because we ate through the pan faster than you can blink!! :)

www.missytippens.com


17 comments:

  1. Brownies and fall break! It must be an American tradition. :)

    Those flowers a gorgeous. Please share the answer to Ruthy's question when you get it. Something like this would be a great centerpiece for Thanksgiving.

    And that picture of the dogs is hilarious! My dogs do the same thing when I leave them in the car for a few minutes. Thatcher is always in the driver's seat. Wynter is smart enough to know her feet don't reach the pedals, so she takes "shotgun". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's "are" not "a".

      Yes. Yes. I am a writer who needs an editor.

      Delete
    2. Jan, that's so funny that your dogs take the same place each time! LOL

      Delete
    3. I stole that pic from facebook so that I can use the idea for next year's PUMPKIN PATCH!!!!!

      Delete
    4. Ruthy, you'll have to take photos!

      Delete
  2. LOL -- so were the dogs the chauffeurs? Very cute pic. And I love the flower arrangement. Ingenuous idea to use a pumpkin as a vase. So festive. An you can't go wrong with pure chocolate brownies anyway, as far as I'm concerned. Yummy delicousness in a pan. I'm craving some now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kav, I have a feeling we'll be baking another pan soon, coffee or not! They're pretty much my favorite dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fall flowers are gorgeous. The brownies look yummy. Thanks Missy for getting us in the mood for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers have really made me feel like fall is here, Sandra. I love it!

      Delete
  5. Missy, I need those brownies, and I honestly can't imagine living in a place where October isn't October.... I love the array of fall colors.

    I would never make it in the deep, rugged, Southwestern states.... I am in love with color, Missy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, I love fall leaves. We're in the part of Georgia that has some gorgeous falls--especially if you go a little north into the mountains.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous flowers and those brownies... be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dogs in the car picture made me laugh. Whenever we're going for a walk and pass our car parked wherever on the street, Fenway immediately senses it and tries to jump up and look for my husband (even though we just left him at home).


    Brownies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute, Cate! It's probably his sense of smell that makes him do that. :)

      Delete
  8. I would miss the fall colors and seeing fields of pumpkins being harvested and displayed for sale.

    ReplyDelete