Tuesday, July 26, 2016

It's Wedding Season!

Missy, here. I've been away for a few weeks and really appreciate Chef Tina Radcliffe filling in! On top of a move in June, our son got married on July 16th. We don't have photos back from the photographer yet, but I took some myself on my phone. :) I think I frequently got in the way, because my son kept telling me they hired a a professional to do that. LOL But I told him I had to have some photos on my phone to easily share with my friends!

So here are the photos I took for all of you. First, the rehearsal dinner. As the groom's parents, this was the event we hosted. Here are my sister, brother-in-law, my other son (the best man), his girlfriend, my daughter and one of the groomsmen--some of the first to arrive. We held it at The Pinnacle Club in Augusta, GA. 


It stormed as we arrived, then soon cleared. Here's the gorgeous view of the Savannah River we had from The Crystal Room! A beautiful rainbow ordered just for the bride and groom. ;)


Then Saturday was wedding day! Here's the gorgeous alter table, photos I took before the service. I wish I had one with the candles lit.




Since my daughter was a bridesmaid, I spent the day with the bride and bridesmaids  But I took this shot on a quick visit to the groom to see how handsome the guys looked in all their finery. He looked so happy!


Here's a shot I took over the photographer's shoulder. :) A photo of the beautiful bride and her bridesmaids.


Skipping ahead to post-wedding photos. A dip kiss of the bride.


Oh, wait! I did take a photo of the alter table while the candles were lit!


I love this shot.


Here's a cute one outside after the wedding. Sarah's train had gotten stepped on, and it broke the bustle. So Nick was trying to help her hold it (until I was able to sew a new loop later at the dinner reception).


Here's a stunning shot of the dinner reception venue, Sacred Heart Cultural Center. I was blown away when I first walked in.


And here's the bride and groom's first dance as husband and wife.


And the sweet mother-son dance. I ended up crying through most of it! He had to tell me I needed to stop before I made him cry. :)


And since this is The Cafe, I had to share a photo of the wedding cake! It was beautiful. They also had smaller cakes in different flavors (chocolate/yellow marble, strawberry and lemon). 



The photographer Lauren Carnes (if you live in the Augusta area and need a photographer, she's amazing!) did a blog post and shared a good many of her gorgeous photos. If you have a minute, check it out! click here

I have to add what I thought was a very sweet part of the service. My husband and Sarah's dad are both United Methodist pastors. They've been good friends for almost thirty years. They did the ceremony together, which made it very meaningful. I didn't think Nick would appreciate me pulling out my phone and taking a photo during the service. LOL But the photographer shared a photo on her blog post that shows the two dads together with Nick and Sarah. I love it.

If you've hung out with me this long, thank you! I appreciate you celebrating the occasion with me. :)


23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. I want CAKE NOW. And I am so confused. I thought you post on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. TYPO. Congratulations, Mother of the Groom!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Tina! I am known to have leftover cake for breakfast sometimes. :)

    As for my post day... I FORGOT TO POST ON FRIDAY. LOL You spoiled me over the last few weeks, so Friday just slipped right post. Thankfully, Ruthy caught it early in the morning and put up a quick post. So I took Tuesday, a day Ruthy had been planning to fill in for Mindy.

    So there's the long story of how I came to post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was supposed to say "slipped right past."

      Delete
    2. And it all worked out well!!! Missy, I love these! And I've been seeing Mindy's trip to/through Ouray, CO and those curvy, winding roads... Oy! But the chocolate shop in Ouray is so worth it, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful wedding pictures, Missy, thank you so much for sharing! And what an incredible picture of the Savannah River and the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! There were a lot of rainbow photos taken that evening. Everyone enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  5. I don't care which day you're here! I just wanted to hear about the wedding!

    This wedding was beautiful. And how wonderful to have the two fathers marry the happy couple!

    And the reception venue. Wow!

    But aren't weddings fun? And e-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g!!! But I'm all recovered now, and getting ready for another wedding in February - this time as mother of the groom.

    I'm taking notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I can't imagine doing two weddings so close together! You're amazing. I loved your daughter's photos! You had a gorgeous wedding. Can't wait for the next one!

      Delete
  6. I agree, no matter what day it is, having these wedding memories is so absolutely lovely... Thank you, Missy! It was all princess-pretty and marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, thank you for having my back on Friday! :) I still feel rather scattered. And now one of our A/C units went out last night. The upstairs unit. Not easy sleeping in Georgia without air conditioning right now.

      Delete
  7. Congrats, Missy! Beautiful photos. Wishing happiness and health to the newlyweds. The reception venue was beautiful. Was it a converted former Catholic Church?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alison! Yes, it's a former Catholic church. It's stunning.

      Delete
  8. Oh wow -- I love wedding pictures. What a gorgeous venue. What a whirlwind time you've had -- a move and a wedding all scrunched up together!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kav! It was a wonderful weekend. :)

      Delete
  9. Missy, these are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The rainbow and happy smiles are perfect.

    Yesterday I was going through our son's professional wedding photos trying to decide which ones to buy...all of them?!?! In our mother-son dance photos, I'm laughing nervously, while telling him I'm so proud of him and his new bride...and wishing he'd chosen a SHORTER song.

    Cross-blog chatting...do try the quiet car sometime...so relaxing and you can get work done, if you can peel your gaze away from the passing scenery.

    Thanks so much for sharing your son and DIL's beautiful day! Many blessings for their new life together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherida! Yes, I was wishing the song was shorter. :) After I cried for a while and couldn't get a grip, I mentioned it to my son while laughing through the tears. He said they would stop early if we wanted. So we stopped dancing just a little early, and the the DJ faded out the music. LOL

      Thank for the info on the train quiet car! I've never heard of that but it sounds wonderful. :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful pictures, Missy! Thanks so much for sharing with us and congrats to the newlyweds!
    Good luck on getting the A/C back on quickly....yep, this GA heat is rough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missy, how beautiful. Love her gown!! Want some cake. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is beautiful! Loved all the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete