Monday, November 9, 2015

Quick and Easy Hungarian Goulash

I don't have very many pictures for this recipe.

Okay, only one.

That's because this recipe is so simple!

Easy Hungarian Goulash

ingredients:

2 pounds round steak, cubed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 can condensed tomato soup (10 1/2 ounces)
1/2 soup can water

1 cup sour cream

Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, flour, salt, pepper and paprika together in a bag or bowl. Add the cubed meat and stir or shake until the meat is coated. Put the whole kit and kaboodle in your slow cooker.

Stir the tomato soup and water together in a small bowl and add to the meat. Stir well.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.

Ten minutes before serving, stir in the sour cream.

Serve over noodles.


This is one of those recipes that you can put together in ten minutes or so before church, or in the morning of a busy day. Or even during your lunch break on a really busy day!

Speaking of busy days, I know we all have them.


I'm currently hip-deep working on marketing tasks for my January release, revisions for my September 2016 release, and writing my June 2017 release. Oh, and I almost forgot - writing a proposal for a future book.

But I'm not complaining!!!!!

This is the dream job of all dream jobs! I love it!

(I just need someone to come clean my house for me once in a while!)

Even so, life is good ☺

So tell us - we want to know! What is your dream job?


10 comments:

  1. So excited to read Hannah's Choice! I'll come clean your house for a sneak peek at your wip. LOL

    I've had my dream job for years -- working in a library. I've worked in both school libraries and college library and loved them both. There are aspects of the school job I'm missing as I'm on a disability leave at the moment -- but so much is changing in my school board that I'm not looking forward to going back. No reading to kids. No class visits among the junior grades (4-6). Getting rid of books to make space for???? And limit if not end to buying books. Heavy sigh.

    Of course, my other dream job would be author. Working on that.

    Or dog walker! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother's dream job was working in a library. She was finally able to do it after retiring from teaching after twenty years. :)

      And keep working on that author gig. We're rooting for you!

      Delete
  2. Jan, my darling, Hannah's Choice will soon be on its way to me! I can't wait to read it!!!!!

    And this Goulash sounds easy and delicious and I'm all over that! Give me quick because I'd rather be writing or rocking babies.

    But I love simmered meat and sauces/gravies, it's a perfect coupling!

    I'm praying for the success of your proposal. I have no doubt it is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruthy!

      And yes - quick and easy beats everything, and it's especially good when you can do it from scratch.

      I hope you enjoy Hannah's Choice. I'm in love with the whole trilogy :)

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to get it! Happy dancing!!!!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful cover!! Congrats on the upcoming releases. You certainly do sound buy. But like you said, it's all good!

    Love this recipe! I make something similar but haven't tried it with tomato soup. I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about the tomato soup in the original recipe. I almost substituted tomato sauce, but the soup adds a creaminess that would be missing with only sauce. But when you think about the quick, simple goodness of this - I think I need to make it more often!

      Delete
  4. Jan, I love that you're in love with your trilogy. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I love my characters so much. I came downstairs in tears last night because I had to be mean to a character I loved.

    Thanks for the recipe. My grandmother used to make goulash. all the time I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know about loving your characters! When I came up with the Black Moment in my WIP (the third book in the trilogy), I almost said no way! How could I do that to anybody? But like I told a fellow writer today, the worse the conflict is in your story, the better the happy ending can be. Redemption, renewal, saying no to the good so you can enjoy the best.

      I love happily-ever-after endings :)

      Delete
  5. Jan, there's only one thing that gives me pause in this recipe and that's the tomato soup. My guys aren't fond of tomatoey things. Is there a lot of tomato flavor?

    ReplyDelete