Friday, September 4, 2015

Shrimp and Veggie Pasta

Quick Dinner Night--Shrimp and Veggie Pasta
Missy Tippens (The Belle)

I recently bought some gorgeous wild caught North Carolina shrimp. But I didn't have much time to cook. So rather than look up a complicated recipe, I decided to just start throwing things in.

First, I knew I wanted pasta. It's one of my favorite go-to meals.

I got the angel hair pasta noodles boiling and reminded myself to save a cup or two of the pasta water before draining it.

[Sorry I don't have many photos! I didn't think about using the meal as a blog post until I was already eating and tasted how good it was. :) ]

The sauce:

Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and add some chopped garlic. 
Add in any vegetables you'd like in your pasta. I used:
1 ½  cups frozen peas
1 ½ cups frozen corn

Cook until warmed.

I used about ¾ pound of shrimp. Clean the shrimp and season with a little salt and pepper. I also sprinkled on Penzey's Centennial Rub.

Add the shrimp to the skillet.
Toss until the shrimp is pink (this only takes 2-3 minutes)
While the shrimp is cooking, add white wine. I used about ¼-⅓ cup. Let the alcohol cook off. (If you don't want to use wine, try adding some lemon juice.)


This was a sweet wine, so the pasta sauce was a little sweet, which was nice with the corn!

Add the pasta noodles to the skillet. Add some of the pasta water as well. Toss until well coated and heated through. Serve!

It was very good!! Since I took photos late, this was what was left in the skillet after we ate. :) It made great leftovers!




6 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy and I love meals whipped up like this. Off the top of your head. Great going Missy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I love recipes like this too, because it's like clean out the freezer/pantry night. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm going now to add the seasonings I forgot to include in the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do this when I get home from NYC!!!! SHRIMP.... Oh mylanta, Missy, now I'm so hungry for shrimp!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks DELICIOUS! I could eat this every day. YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done something similar to this Missy, but never with corn and peas. Interesting variation. I think that Barefoot wine is just the cutest thing ever. We get it for cooking when we're up in Maine (they sell it in the supermarket).

    ReplyDelete