Friday, May 15, 2015

Discovering Something New!

Missy, here. Don't you love it when you discover something new at the grocery store, especially if it's healthy or a time saver? I discovered a new item last week and wanted to share.

Of course, I didn't think of sharing until after tasting it. So I had to go dig the package out of the trashcan! Yes, I sacrificed for all of you.

You're welcome. :)

So this is fresh ravioli, found in the meat section of the grocery. I found it near where I get my Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. :)

The top is ripped off the bag, so it's hard to read. If you're interested, click here for the the company website where you can see a whole bag.


I chose the spinach and ricotta ravioli.

To prepare it, I boiled water and dropped in the pasta. 

While it cooked, I melted about 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet.  I let it brown a little, then drizzled in some olive oil.  I really wanted to add some fresh sage, but had none. I couldn't even find dried sage in my spice cabinet. So I went ahead and added fresh greens (a baby spinach, kale and chard mix) and stirred. Once wilted, I added in a little of the starchy pasta water, salt and pepper.

I also would have loved to have added pine nuts, but didn't have any on hand. Maybe next time! Walnuts might be good as well, especially if you have the sage.


Once the pasta finished cooking, I strained it and added it to the butter and greens. Toss to coat.

Top with parmesan, and you have a quick, tasty, fresh-pasta meal! (Please ignore the couple of bites that are missing.) :)


www.missytippens.com

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm -- looks yummy. There's a fresh pasta shop fairly close to me and you can pick and choose like you would at an ice cream store! Just not as many varieties. Plus they have homemade sauces of all kinds. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kav!!! That would be my dream store!! I'm serious that I would love that better than any ice cream store. I'm more a fan of pasta than just about anything else. I would LIVE there! LOL

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love ravioli, but rarely fix it, Missy. Probably because hubby and I are the only ones who would eat it. Still, I might have to keep an eye out for this. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, it's the perfect size for 2 or 3 people! I hope you like it.

      Delete
  3. You are in the midst of busy season so I bet this is just the ticket. Might have to put some of this in the freezer for ManO for when he's alone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for that, Julie! He could open a jar of spaghetti sauce or toss it in some olive oil and spices. :)

      Delete