Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Afterglow

Missy, here. Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas! I'm sharing a Thanksgiving 2013 repeat post today for those who have leftover turkey. And if you don't, then maybe you have some turkey lunch meat and can make this YUMMY rollup sandwich. Enjoy!!



Years ago, I chaperoned a trip with my son's AP U.S. History class. We visited Boston and surrounding areas. At one stop in Concord, we let the kids go do lunch on their own. Several of the teachers and I hit a fantastic restaurant called Main Streets Market and Cafe. I had what I think may have been the best sandwich of my life. The Turkey Cranberry Wrap. I was in heaven. Recently, I decided to recreate this sandwich on my own. (I can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner.)

So, here we go! Pull out those leftovers and get to wrapping!




Get some of those low carb wraps I mentioned a few weeks ago. Spread on cranberry sauce. Your choice of type. My daughter chose jellied, "the kind that's shaped like a can."  :) Layer with baby spinach.


Add dressing. I heated mine.


Then layer on the turkey. Again, I heated mine.


Wrap up and serve with a side of sweet potato fries just for fun. :)

How easy is that?! And it's an amazing sandwich. I ate it leftover on three days last week! And didn't even get sick of it.

What's your favorite thing to make with turkey leftovers?

10 comments:

  1. YUMMY. I'm a fool for anything with cranberries. But I cooked a ham, so I'll have to save this recipe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cranberry sauce too, Virginia. I even bought some fresh cranberries the other day. Still not sure what I'm going to make with them.

      Delete
  2. I forgot to thaw the turkey but I'll remember for New Years. YUM.
    I have gotten into making cranberry chutney and using it on turkey leftovers. So yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I hope you're totally over the flu!

      Have you shared the cranberry chutney recipe yet? If so, I'll go find it.

      Delete
  3. We had roast beef - but a version of this would work just as well, wouldn't it?

    All I have to do is rescue the leftovers from the rest of the family!

    I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I think you could do that. Although I'm not sure how beef goes with cranberry sauce. :) Maybe you could do a beef and cheese wrap and maybe add some sautéed peppers and onions. Make a Philly cheese steak.

      Delete
    2. You're right - we don't have any leftover cranberries anyway!

      But a Philly Cheese Steak? Mmmmm..... :)

      Delete
  4. I had tofu stir fry, LOL, and no left overs. But I'm all over the sweet potato fries. They are my favourite!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, we love those too. We just got a bag of sweet potato chips at Aldi that we're really enjoying too.

      Delete
  5. Turkey soup with wild rice!!! YUM.

    ReplyDelete