Friday, March 28, 2014

Fast and Delicious Fish with Missy Tippens

Missy, here. My daughter and I recently went searching on Pinterest for a good fish recipe. I had some nice tilapia and she remembered seeing something that looked good. But we couldn't find anything that looked like what we wanted, so we decided to make up our own recipe.

But FIRST! A taste of spring. To show how quickly it can get here…

Our Japanese magnolia at 10 am on March 11th.



Same branch at 4 pm that day…



Pretty amazing, huh?!

And now that fish dish. We sort of based it on the Hellman's chicken recipe I shared here.


Cheesy Dill Tilapia
Created by Missy Tippens and Daughter




I decided to roast vegetables at the same time I was cooking the fish. I coated with olive oil and sprinkled with seasoning salt.




So I placed the baking sheet with fish on the lower rack. Baked at 350 for about 5-7 minutes (depending on thickness of fish).




While it was baking, I stirred together about 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup grated parmesan and a teaspoon or two of dried dill. Fresh dill would be fantastic.


Remove the pan of fish from the oven. Since the fish was so near the bottom of the oven, I flipped it over, and spread the butter/cheese/mayo evenly on the fillets of fish.




Bake another 5-7 minutes until fish is translucent. I took out the pan of vegetables. Then for one more minute or so, I turned the oven to the "Broil" setting to it could get a nice golden top.



And here it is! Looks delicious.



And believe me, it was! The cheesy parts that melted off and browned on the pan were the best!



A quick, easy dinner! And mostly healthy. :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fun! That first pic of the potatoes and the asparagus... I make it just like that! And I'll be trying this recipe. And the fish was fresh? All I have is frozen, but maybe I can get them to thaw?/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks yum! after that artichoke chicken recipe I tried back in January I'm a firm believer in that mayo/parmesan base!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Susanna. It keeps everything very moist.

      Delete
  3. Oh sure, flaunt your green grass and flowering trees why don't you? Humph.

    I've never thought of roasting asparagus before. Will have to give that a try (if spring ever comes and it grows here again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav were paying for all the blooms with allergies! Big time...sigh...coughing me head off..
      Susanna

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to tempt you, Kav! Wishing warm weather for you soon! But yes, Susanna is right. I've been sneezing my head off.

      Delete
    3. Well, I will take some consolation in the fact that I'm not sneezing my head off...maybe. At least our snow/freezing rain has turned into actual rain so maybe we're turning a spring corner at last.

      Delete
  4. Yum! I love Tilapia. I make few stew. Chicken broth and onions and tilapia in a pan. delicious, but yours is more delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, Cheese and butter are the difference. :) But I think yours would be really moist and yummy as well.

      Delete
  5. This looks so good! I'll have to make it for lunch, though. Out of a family of six, only two like fish.

    Two others can't stand the smell of it cooking.

    So it's a lunch time treat. I'll plan it for Tuesday when the fish-loving son is home for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter isn't big on fish, but she did like it this way. Enjoy, Jan!

      Delete
  6. Kav!!! We need to celebrate your accomplishment in The Killer Voice competition! Congrats on making it to the next round!! :)

    ReplyDelete