1) Being part of this blog, working with old friends and making new ones and always learning something new from cooks from all over the country. Like everyone has had an epic blog recipe fail!
|All the Yankee Belles confess to recipe fails but apparently Virginia and I really like to document our woes in pictures.|
2) Having enough to eat and enough speciality groceries around to make my life easier. There are a lot of folks who are starving for the right food to eat and who have no grocery store with fresh food in their area.
Here I insert a shameless plug for one of my favorite charities to help people who are starving because of disaster or everyday poverty, Stop Hunger Now.
I bet you can think of a local food bank or charity you can give to in the new year. Hunger is one of those things we just haven't seemed to banish.
3) Speaking of food, I nominate my stuffing recipe as my favorite GAL recipe of the year (or half a year since I have only been around since May!) You can find it Here under New Traditions. Perfect for the New Year.
3) It has been the year of pie! Go ahead, I dare you to do a search for "pie" here on Yankee Belle. It is amazing how we all seemed to go on a pie rift! Pecan, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato and more. What's so stinkin' funny is Yankee Belle started off with a pie recipe. No wonder we all talk pie with youse on a regular basis. You can find the inaugural post here. And if you couldn't tell by my poor imitation, it's a great apple pie recipe by Ruthy.
4) A new grandbaby. Might not be a puppy but she is pretty cute as her older brother and sister are!
5) Surviving hospital food!
6) Giving up chocolate and living to tell about it!
Hope your year ends well and the new year starts with hope, anticipation and joy in blessings to be discovered.
What do you count as blessings this year?