Friday, August 30, 2013

Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada with Tina Radcliffe

FIRST! Before I share Tina's post, I need to shout that Tina's new book The Rosetti Curse is NOW available on Kindle!! I've been dying for this book to come out. And now it's here. Click the book cover for more info or to purchase. Then be sure to come back for her excellent recipe!



Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole

with Tina Radcliffe




Ingredients
2 cups diced or shredded chicken breast
1 Package taco or fajita seasoning.
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (4.5 oz.) can diced green chili peppers, drained
1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream

1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and spray with vegetable cooking spray. Sauté the chicken with either the taco or the fajita seasoning (add water per package directions). Drain off any extra fluid when done. Shred the chicken. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the cilantro, black beans, and green chili peppers.
2. Spread half of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 11x7 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Place 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlap if necessary. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas, and sprinkle with half of the cheese and half of the sour cream.



3. Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the cheese, and make another layer of tortillas. Layer the remaining chicken mixture over the tortillas.
4. Cover dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
5. Remove the cover, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and dot with sour cream. Continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
6. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.








Adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything



Tina Radcliffe is a mild mannered hermit who writes Inspirational romance for Harlequin Love Inspired as Tina Radcliffe and romantic comedy as Tina Russo.

Her latest release from Love Inspired is
Mending the Doctor's Heart. Her first Indie release, The Rosetti Curse, is available now on Amazon for Kindle.

And keep your eyes on the newsstands for Tina's next romantic short story release to Woman's World Magazine- on-sale date is September 29.




29 comments:

  1. Actually, Dr Oz is the August 22 Wiman's World. The Sept. 29th is yet to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to my release. The Rosetti Curse

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I have been going to the extra work to roll my rice flour tortillas around my enchilada fixings? What was I thinking. Thanks for giving me more time in the writing cave.

    Second, I love the Rosetti Curse. It is my reward after writing. Love it.

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I didn't even realize your next one with WW was coming so soon! I'll go take out the Dr. Oz part.

    And I put the link in with the book cover but forgot to say so!! I must've been snoozing when I did the post last week.

    Will go fix now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I DID say click the book cover for more info or to purchase. So I didn't do as bad as I thought. :) But I've also added the link to the book title.

    Julie, this would be easier, wouldn't it? Did y'all see that video??? It made me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, I had something amazing yesterday, courtesy of Western New York's Perry's Ice Cream....sponge candy ice cream in a cone. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's that weird candy Ruthy is always talking about that I'd never heard of. So it makes a good ice cream, huh?

      Delete
    2. I had sponge candy ice cream for the first time this year, too.... Perry's. I was at an ice cream stand with Beth (daughter #2 very pregnant today, baby due tomorrow!!!) and Mia Ross... and that ice cream was To Die For.

      Oh mylanta, I'd grab it again in a heartbeat!!!!

      Delete
  7. Ooo, more enchiladas to add to my repertoire. One can never have too many enchilada recipes. Right, Tina?

    And you know, I wouldn't normally pick up a magazine with Dr. Oz on the cover, but I did last week at the airport in Montrose, CO, just so I could read your story. Loved it! Made me want more.

    Now I'm excited about The Rosetti Curse. Heading over to Amazon right now.

    Will I see you at conference, Tina?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Mindy! This recipe is for the cooking challenged. Like me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly no conferences at all this year. This is my year of no day job and writing full time. :)Must LAUNCH the business of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's been a fantastic launch! Maybe we should just all converge on your house this winter when the weather gets cold everywhere else and call it a conference. :)

      Delete
    2. That works, Missy!

      Delete
    3. Wait, wait! I miss a day and you're all plotting to have a party at Tina's!?

      Huh.

      Delete
  10. Fabulous recipe! I love enchiladas, and I certainly love the easy part of this :)

    The Rosetti Curse is on my Kindle...waiting. I just finished Ruthy's book last night. Mindy's is next. THEN TINA!!!!

    No conferences for me, either, Tina. Here's to the LAUNCH of "Team Tina, Full Time Writer"! We'll see you in St. Louis next year, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to RWA San Antonio next year!

      Delete
    2. I'm even contemplating rejoining RWA so I can go next year. Gotta hit at least one Harlequin party:) Then we could all head to ranch for a par--I mean retreat!

      Delete
    3. Mindy, you HAVE to hit a Hq party!!

      I've always wanted to go to San Antonio. I sure hope I can make that one!

      Delete
  11. This recipe looks really good and easy. I'm definitely going to give it a try.

    I'm on chapter 3 of The Rosetti Curse. I'm loving Grandma Rosetti!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, thanks for ALL the kind words, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had my first enchilada last year in Texas and am looking for another one. We mostly eat burritos and tacos in our house, so the enchilada meal was a treat. But this looks great! Especially that video. Yummm.

    I'll miss you gals in Indy. *sniff

    Congrats again, Tina. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing folks at conferences. I'm just not big on paying big bucks for the conference itself.

      I love the gatherings.

      I'm not big on classes.

      I love sight-seeing.

      I'm not big on classes.

      I love having lunch with editors and agents.

      I'm not big on classes.

      I'm sensing a lack in myself. :)

      Saving money by not going is huge in our house. So as much as I love seeing folks, I like to grab hold of them when they're in the northeast ... or when I'm on the road someplace else.

      But I'd love to go to Jan Drexler's part of the world!!!! Oh my stars, Jan, I'd be all over that!

      Delete
  14. I love good classes. I'm just on a strict budget!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Warning!! Warning!! These are not REAL enchiladas! This is fake - and a casserole to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the Poor Man's Cabbage Rolls, Tina. Instead of spending all day cooking your cabbage and rolling the leaves into filled rolls, you can layer it with cabbage, your rice and/or meat filling, and tomato soup/juice. Same taste but a heck of a lot easier.

      Delete
  16. Exactly!!! You get it!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, book!

    Yay for the Girl Who Ate Everything! (she totally makes me lol)

    ReplyDelete