Thursday, October 4, 2012

Breakfast Sandwiches = Hearty Meal!!!

I never use just any old bacon. This is the bacon sold at Sam's Club, a thick-sliced, country style bacon that I cook on my stovetop griddle.... 


Get the griddle hot before you drop the cold bacon slices on it. That helps to prevent excessive curling, and that's important with thick bacon...

And I'm lovin' me some thick bacon!!!!

Oh. So. Good!



I'm cooking for a crowd, so I grab out my farm fresh eggs...
Don't they look so stinkin' pretty????


Scramble these babies up in a big pan... when they're almost done, I turn down the heat, spread them across the pan and let them cook until firm. Then I cut the pan of scrambled eggs (like mini-omelets) into seven pieces.... Two curved wedges on each side and three pieces down the middle.

So that's enough for seven big honkin' breakfast sandwiches.

Turn them with spatula to "dry" cook the other side...

Still over low heat, you don't want burned eggs, oh, YUCK.

Lay a piece of cheese on each egg portion. Cover. Turn off heat. Allow cheese time to melt.

Toast or broil bagels.

Butter lightly if desired. (and who doesn't want extra butter????)

Place an egg/cheese portion on bagel bottom.



Top with bacon or sausage.
Add top of bagel.

FINIS!!!

And yes, I forgot to take a pic of the final product, but you guys know what they look like, right?

Like this:

Now that's a breakfast I can get my hands 'round! 

And these are just as popular around here for lunch or supper.

We're talkin' serious meal-age here.

6 comments:

  1. I've decided it's bad for my diet to peek at YBC at night before I write.

    Now I want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now remember why I went to Woolworths today, to buy short cut bacon and to think I went twice!!!!!!!!!
    I have enough for tomorrow only. I have to say I like short cut the best (way less fat on it).

    When I go the cricket in Adelaide they make egg and bacon sandwiches for breakfast and you can smell them cooking them and I often want to say can I have an egg and bacon sandwich, hold the egg and hold the bread just give me the bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these!! I usually just use ham because it's quicker. I brown it in a skillet. Also! Be sure to try it with an Everything bagel--a bagel with sesame seeds, onion, garlic, etc. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you've just given me a way to switch up my default scrambled eggs and toast supper. Nix to the bacon or sausages, but why haven't I thought about making the eggs into a sandwich with bagels or an english muffin????? This is going to be a new fun favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like breakfast at the ranch to me. The grab-and-go type. My guys usually just get a fried egg sandwich, so they'd be all over these. Which is good ecause these look hearty enough to tide them over until lunch.

    Thanks, Ruthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at the bacon! I LOVE thick-sliced bacon!

    And, of course you serve it on sandwiches! (If there's any left after the taste-testers are done.)

    The one thing I've never done is to scramble the eggs for the sandwiches - I've always fried them. I'll have to try your method.

    Oh, and for another taste treat? Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. My husband convinced me to try one before we were married. Maybe that's why I married him...

    ReplyDelete