Monday, March 19, 2012

Quick Pad Thai

Missy, here. And please tell me I haven't already shared this recipe! I did a search, and it didn't show up, so I hope I'm not repeating. :)

I'm late posting because I nearly forgot! So, for a quick post, I'm sharing a very quick recipe for one of my favorites, Pad Thai.



You'll find the Thai ingredients in the international section of your grocery.

1 box Thai Stir-fry rice noodles
1 package Pad Thai sauce
1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined (these were wild caught Carolina shrimp and were amazing!)
1 egg, beaten
peanuts--chopped of crushed (I pound them in a baggie to crush)
Canola oil (I guess I used about a tablespoon)
Broccoli--I served as a side dish

Cook noodles according to the very simple directions (basically put into boiling water and remove from heat). Once cooked and drained, set them aside.

Heat oil in skillet/wok. Stir in egg and scramble. Remove to a bowl. Then add in shrimp and cook briefly until pink. Add the cooked, drained noodles and the packet of sauce. Stir to coat and warm. Then add egg back into the mix.

Top with crushed peanuts and serve.

It's that easy!!

P.S. There's usually a recipe on the back of the sauce box as well. :)

7 comments:

  1. I have never done Thai.

    That makes me weird.

    This sounds easy. Do I dare???? Will it taste wonderful????? It SOUNDS marvelous. And no, you never posted this, but Missy I've done the same thing, LOL! Because I've got pics for things I mean to post... and haven't yet, but then I get my head twisted 'round and think... Maybe I did!

    Dave's birthday today. Gotta be nice to him. Which really isn't all that hard. Most days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DOES taste wonderful!!

    LOL, yes, I had the photos already on my computer, so I got scared I had posted previously. :)

    Tell Dave happy b-day!!! And try really hard to be nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! Thai food is a new favorite for me, so I'm going to have to see if our local store's miniscule international section has the ingredients.

    One thing I love about this kind of recipe is that it's so easy to substitute another protein - I'll try it with chicken since I'm the only one in the family who would like the shrimp.

    Happy birthday to Dave! I think he needs a puppy or a kitten for a gift - you have a couple laying around somewhere, don't you Ruthy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, I love pad Thai, but I've never made it. And I've always wondered about those mixes. So they're good, huh? Guess I'll have to give this recipe a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was surprisingly good, Mindy. My hubby and kids loved it! They were impressed, so I didn't admit how easy it was. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, chicken would be great with it! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Jan. Yeah, I think Dave needs a puppy or fourteen for his b-day. :)

    ReplyDelete