Thursday, March 8, 2012

Linnette Mullin's Vanilla Frappe and BONUS!!!! Chocolate Pudding Cake!

Linnette’s Vanilla Frappe`

Ingredients:

12 cups brewed coffee (not the grounds ;-) – regular or decaf.
5 cups milk – just heated – do NOT bring to a boil! (I warm in microwave for 4 minutes)
2-2 ¼ cups of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
(For diabetics, use Splenda in exchange for the sugar – the cup for cup)
2 Tbsp vanilla extract (I use the real thing)

Instructions:

Pour coffee into a two quart pitcher – it can be hot, warm, or cold. Stir sugar or Splenda and vanilla into the warm milk until sugar is dissolved. Add it to the pitcher of coffee and stir. You may add a cup of ice for faster cooling. Refrigerate several hours and serve cold. You may pour over ice, cubed or crushed, if desired. Yummy!



Makes 2 quarts. Enjoy!

For a smaller batch, simply cut ingredients in half.

And, since Linnette mentioned this in Seekerville on TUESDAY'S awesome synopsis post, she wanted to assuage your longings by including the pudding cake recipe!

Hey, gals! Here's a Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe I found on-line (I think at about.com but I really don't remember for sure). 

Chocolate Pudding Cake

Preheat oven to 350

1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 sm pkg of instant choc pudding
1 8 oz pkg of sour cream
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 lg eggs
1 bag choc chips (optional)

Ruthy note: when in the world of all that's right and holy are chocolate chips considered optional???? The more the merrier, she says!!!

Mix dry cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Form a well in the center. Mix sour cream, water, oil, and eggs. Pour into the well and combine both mixtures, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour in a greased and flowered funnel cake (bundt) pan. Bake at 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees. 

This cake is moist and delicious. If you store it in the refrigerator, the chocolate chips will add a bit of crunch.




Linnette R Mullin

Author of Life-Changing Romance
Founder & Coordinator of PCWN: Palmetto Christian Writer’s Network
Member of ACFW; HACWN
Linnette’s Writing Corner on Facebook:

Linnette is the wife John and a mother of four amazing boys. She’s a Missouri girl from birth, but currently resides in South Carolina. She’s been busy seeking an agent and publisher for her current MS and WIP, as well as getting ready for Genesis, and playing around with other genres just for fun.

15 comments:

  1. Since when are chocolate chips ever optional?!
    This sounds yummy and easy and chocolately -- can it get any better?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... well... I'm not a huge chocolate chip lover. *ducks to escape flying shoes*

      I did think about trying it with chocolate cake mix instead of yellow. Would that make it better? :D

      Delete
  2. OH, wow!!! We can have chocolate overdose today!! My favorite way to go. :)

    Thanks, Linnette, for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. I was thinking the coffee was chocolate, too. It's vanilla! So maybe I won't overdose after all. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linette, I'm going to pass on the frappe (I am SO not a coffee drinker), but that cake recipe has me wondering where I put my bundt cake pan...or did I even move it? I'm not sure if I've even seen it lately...

    But, when I find that pan, I'm makin' this cake. It sounds easy and delicious - a great combination!

    (and chocolate chips are only optional if they somehow get eaten between the cupboard and the batter...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a coffee person either, but I LOVE Frappes! :D
      I'm with you on digging out the bundt pan, but I have a pineapple upside-down cake to make today for hubby's birthday. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, a reappearance of Jan-the-chocolate-chip-eater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I am lovin' me some chocolate pudding cake. And I have to agree--chocolate chips are never optional. Shoot, chocolate is never optional.

    Thanks for the great recipe, Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linnette, I have to ask about this

    12 cups brewed coffee (not the grounds ;-) – regular or decaf.


    Um, is that from experience?

    Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No. Not from experience, but I've heard stories of people making that mistake. Especially in cake recipes. :D

      Delete
  8. I love the grounds comment, too! ;) I'm sorry I'm so late. Working and blogging in the Village and trying to stop in at inspy day at Barbara Vey's Shindig....

    I could just totally jump all over one of those frappes RIGHT NOW!!!

    Chocolate. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Ruthy! I think I'll go have a cup of hot tea instead.

      Delete
  9. Eeek! Sorry I didn't make it over here yesterday, gals. I don't know where my head was. I didn't get much SpeedBo time in either. Oh yeah! I was in Conneally land with Hannah and Grant. *grins sheepishly*

    Thanks for all the lovely comments. It's nice to know I do have a funny bone hidden somewhere. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete